Robbie C's Ibiza Cupra

joehirth

Rate me up baby
Apr 19, 2010
Woking, Surrey
www.facebook.com
I'm doing a full LCR ecu and loom conversion on an Ibiza in the next month or so. Full wideband and EGT with VVT too. Will prob be a pain to do though. We shall see.

If the AEM has been stood then check the filter and nozzle. These gunk up.

It will be a pain Alex, pretty sure of that ;)

Robbie, an Exige will provide you with a lot of fun out on track, remember. The Elise was my main opponent on track, I had the power but just couldn't stick with them in the bends, depends what you want I think. Straight line brute force, and goodish in corners, keep the Cupra. If you want to develop your track driving and become more aggressive with power quicker out the corners a N/A track ready car is for you. My opinion anyway, not sure what others would say...

Jan 8, 2007
Wiltshire
It's been a couple of months since I've shown my face on here but quite a lot has been happening in the background. In May I took delivery of my new company car: Eddie.

It's an F30 318d M Sport in Estoril Blue with a few toys, including 19" alloys, M Sport brakes, xenons, adaptive lights, auto lights/wipers, tinted windows, heated seats, lumbar support and of course the Harmon Kardon stereo - absolute beauty of a car and effortlessly smooth and precise to drive.

While the sun was out lately I took advantage and got a few shots of both cars together, enjoy.

01-1.jpg

02-1.jpg

03-1.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

20.jpg

21.jpg

22.jpg

23.jpg

24.jpg

25.jpg

26.jpg

27.jpg

28.jpg

29.jpg

30.jpg

31.jpg

32.jpg

33.jpg

Jan 8, 2007
Wiltshire
Most recently however, after some long and serious thought I've made the final decision to break the Cupra for parts rather than persevere down the BT route.

While it's true that the car is already mostly setup with a base of modifications that would be finished off nicely with BT for proper track use; whatever way I look at it it's still another substantial sum of money I'm throwing at a 10+ year old hatch back that I'm never going to see again; and the appeal just isn't quite what it was anymore.

Ultimately I'm looking for a car I can throw straight on track without constant fear of something expensive breaking, which I'm not sure the Cupra will ever be able to do for me with it's state of tune. A likely replacement will be a Series 2 supercharged Lotus Exige S in krypton green; but that is some way down the line yet - time will tell.

Thanks to everyone on here who's provided their support and feedback over the past few years, I've had some really nice feedback on the car and made some great friends out of it too which makes it all the more worthwhile.

For those interested in what parts are available;

PLEASE DO NOT ENQUIRE ABOUT PARTS WITH REPLIES IN THIS THREAD - THIS WILL BE IGNORED/DELETED

Instead, send me an email at the following address and I will send you a list with prices :)

Remember that the full spec of the car can be found on page 1 too.

email.png

Thanks all - it's certainly been emotional.

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2006
Sorry to read this RobbieC I have always loved your car and PhilWs car and Bennys were my favourites off here.

Still on onwards and upwards fella, all the best with breaking her. I understand you will make a lot more doing it this way.

All the best Lee.

Jan 8, 2007
Wiltshire
Thanks Lee - I remember you following my progress alomost right from the start.

Tough decision but indeed onwards and upwards, times move on :)

I'll keep the thread alive as and when I have my next toy to feed my adrenalin habit.

All the best,

Rob

Sorry to hear that you have had to go as far as breaking this bud! It is a crying shame to lose such a gorgeous example. Are you putting it back to standard (ish) to sell on after?

I have been tempted to get myself another, in which case I would be sending you an email right now, but I feel it would be taking a step in the wrong direction from the motors I have now. I mean I just remapped the megane, put on an exhaust and it is as fast as my hybrid Ibiza was, which cost alot more time and effort to get it there..!

All the best for the future mate, I will be keeping tabs on your breaking as yours is about the only thread I am subscribed to on here anymore..!

Jan 8, 2007
Wiltshire
Cheers Josh. It's too modified to put back to standard so I'll try and break it down to a bare shell before scrapping whatever's left.

A fair few things have gone already, with the engine coming out this weekend.

May 25, 2008
cambs
Shame to see but financially it is the only way to get the money that its worth good luck with the breaking I'm sure it won't take too long to shift the bits
I'll be emailing you soon

Jan 8, 2007
Wiltshire
Cheers Joe - good to catch up yesterday.

It's certainly looking a little sorry for itself now with a few body panels gone and the engine out, though it's been good talking to those who have come down for parts and meeting a few new faces.

I've starting listing a few things on eBay now, with plenty of bits still available. Remember you can email me for a parts list but please respect forum rules and refrain from enquiring in this thread.

On a side note, with a recent change of jobs I've sadly said goodbye for my F30 BMW which has now been replaced with my own E46 330d M Sport with a few toys: xenons, auto lights/wipers, adaptive lights, Harmon Kardon, leather interior and Bluetooth.

68k on the clock and effortless to drive with a cheeky remap last weekend for a few more smiles per gallon - surprised me how well these go to be honest. A quick snap below:

WP_20130810_003.jpg

cupramillo

The "Red Baron"
Feb 24, 2008
South London
Sad news Robbie! As others have said, this is/was one, if not the cleanest MK3's ever on SCN and my personal favorite along with Bennys!

Big kudos to you for all the hard work your did and the attention to detail you put into the car.

Onwards and upwards!

Jan 8, 2007
Wiltshire
Thanks mate, appreciate everyone's comments.

It will be definitely be missed but time to move onto something new :)

A lot of the car has now been sold with a few random bits left - still to shift the engine, though in talks with a race driver abroad who may be interested so we'll see.

As before, for anyone else that's interested you can email me for an up to date parts list.

Jan 8, 2007
Wiltshire
A couple of months on and now nearly every part of my Ibiza sold to a new home, ranging across the UK and Europe.

I was glad to find a buyer for the shell who ended up coming down from Scotland to trailer it back up north with a plan to re-shell his own Cupra into mine so he lives on.

Here's a final few pictures of it looking a little sorry for itself prior to it's journey:

WP_20131110_019.jpg

WP_20131110_020.jpg

WP_20131116_010.jpg

WP_20131116_013.jpg

...and here Pedro sits for the time being in his new home up in Scotland:

photo.jpg

It's been emotional