Rocky's Readers Rides Reignited - 06/10/2010 welcome Cupra number 3

Bit slow in posting these pics up but it's given it time to settle. Must say the Weitecs are no where near as crashy as the OEM setup, much better around corners but that may also be down to the extra 32mm trak on the rear due to new Forge spacers. Getting a bit of hollowy knocking noise at the min from the front which may be ARB related somewhere, an excuse for Poly bushes maybe once it's been investigated some more :D

I'm pleased with the drop though, i know it isn't huge but i wanted to keep it pratical but get rid of the huge wheel to arch gap.

DSC00197.jpg

As you can see, better stance on the back now

DSC00199.jpg

DSC00198.jpg

And the front, also added a new plate, bit smaller than normal
DSC00205.jpg

finally the near side doors, i had to have these resprayed due to a scratch which was annoying the hell out of me but to be fair the repair shop have gone a good job, until you get a paint depth metre out, i don't think you would ever know, it looks spot on.

DSC00206.jpg

Next in the pipeline is just tie up some problems then, as i say the knocking, hopefully a straigh forward fix and also a coolant leak. I'm not too worried it's serious as there is no mixture of coolant and oil but the level keeps slowing going down and i'm getting wet patches on the drive so split hose or rad i think. Next is need new rear brakes and an intrim service, September is going to be expensive!!!

cheers wayne, i'm glad you think so, i'll get a pic of it getting up my drive so you can see how you will fare.

Imo opionion the height now is how Seat should of made it, all of the performance Mk4 Golfs like the R32, Anniversary etc have a great ride hide to start yet Seat made the LCR ride height a bit too big. Just my opinion though

cap r 225

the need for speed!
Feb 24, 2008
nantwich
www.seatcupra.net
cheers wayne, i'm glad you think so, i'll get a pic of it getting up my drive so you can see how you will fare.

Imo opionion the height now is how Seat should of made it, all of the performance Mk4 Golfs like the R32, Anniversary etc have a great ride hide to start yet Seat made the LCR ride height a bit too big. Just my opinion though

i agree mate:yes: a pic would be good mate, or you can nip round for a brew and just try the real thing. Rox knows where i live:whistle:

CupraMVR

Awesome GTi Technician
Oct 19, 2006
Crewe Cheshire
the roll bar on the LCR dont go over the drive shaft like on the old style cupra's or golf's.
its no where near so cant hit the bar or the shaft. i would say the noise is more of a creek noise from last time i heard it tim. will listen later on

Mr_Dave

lnk cr b82rez 2g4!
Aug 8, 2007
Cheshire
Looks very nice mate, does look a lot better lowered (Still umming and arring over what to do myself lol!) - Love the rear spacers!!

Door looks a v good colour match, must be chuffed :D

i agree mate:yes: a pic would be good mate, or you can nip round for a brew and just try the real thing. Rox knows where i live:whistle:

Yes mate i'll pop round, never refuse a brew :p

the roll bar on the LCR dont go over the drive shaft like on the old style cupra's or golf's.
its no where near so cant hit the bar or the shaft. i would say the noise is more of a creek noise from last time i heard it tim. will listen later on

I agree with what you said the first time still mate about it being the ARB somewhere but i think it may need a bit more investigating, whether the bushes may need uprating??

Looking good Tim. Really like how it sits now, I think you may have sold me on the Weitecs.

Looking at your mods Mat and the way you think about bits you seem very similar to me tbh, don't let that knocking but you off, that isn't the kit. I'd highly recommend them. Free to come out in it if your still contemplating the upgrade

Looks very nice mate, does look a lot better lowered (Still umming and arring over what to do myself lol!) - Love the rear spacers!!

Door looks a v good colour match, must be chuffed :D

Yeah the match is spot on so i am pleased as i was very nervous about getting it back two tone lol and the spacers as you rightly say finish the back off a treat. just need 10mm on the front to finish the look.

Suspension wise, i reckon Awesome may tempt you next week with some special offers :p

roxie_P

well just brought house so where both gonna be using the car so just something stranded looking at audi a3 but for next few days Tim's using my ka till i seel in new year very sexy look for him lol !! :)

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members