Rocky's Readers Rides Reignited - 06/10/2010 welcome Cupra number 3

I've been part of the Seat scene for 15 months now and I have to say,even with some niggles along the way i've loved all of it so far. I started with the below 1.8t Ibiza Cupra, bought it in January 2008 and I had it approx 12 months. Don't get me wrong, I loved it but with it being 99% of the way to be a completed car, in my eyes, the time was right to move on and start a fresh with something newer and with a bit more stance.

So gone but not forgotten.......
pic5.jpg

pic6.jpg

and now to my new car, my Platinum Grey LCR :D Bought about 2 month back now, just been detailed with Swissvax prior to collection, 42 k with full history.

cleancarpics154.jpg

cleancarpics156.jpg

cleancarpics157.jpg

cleancarpics155.jpg

I decided with this I am going to keep it very very subtle with changes only really noticeable to the trained eye or that you couldn't see until under the bonnet or car :p
First of all though, the tyres it had on it were a bit of a mish mash which I wasn't happy about, that's just me being picky as they would of lasted a while but thanks to camskill prices, changed them all round for a tyre I've heard a lot about with a fairly decent review in the main and after fair few miles now I certainly give them the thumbs up too........first one to guess the brand from the tread pattern
cleancarpics152.jpg

Got on a roll with little upgrades and one thing i wanted to do badly was change the HU. I also liked the parrot handsfree which this one didn't have so decided on this Sony. £120 with free Halfords fitting, I pod adaptor and USB built in as well as hands free kit which the quality of it really good surprisingly

cleancarpics150.jpg

Last edited:
Sorting the fundaments

Next came Diane shop HID's - 6000k along with side lights, very impresses to say the least , nice and white instead of the horrid gold yellow , thanks john too

cleancarpics158.jpg

cleancarpics159.jpg

Then to the little wiper mods, as a few say the little mods are the best and the Leon wiper upgrades are a must so Aero wipers upfront, £18 of ebay as opposed to £37 in Halfords lol and the good old fabia rear. lso got rid of the LEON badge at the same time as doing this for the cleaner look

cleancarpics144.jpg

Few days ago, John from Awesome came baring gifts

cleancarpics147.jpg

:D :D

cleancarpics148.jpg

:(

Sorry guys, nothing especially exciting in there, just teasing , more a piece of mind job, cambelt, roller, roller assembly and metal impellered water pump.

However another box from Awesome will follow this week with tantelising gifs shall we say, can't wait!!!

And finally, the last bit of modding thus far, bought from halfords yesterday for the grand sum of £20...........
cleancarpics146.jpg

you guessed it, the Autogauge boost gauge, had one in my ibiza and i don't think you can beat them for the money.

Anyway that's it for now, I will update as i go along and yes some may think it needs lowering but as i'm becomming an older fart im only contemplating this at the mo sorry guys :D. But feedback good or bad is always welcome..........good is preferred though.

thanks for reading

Last edited:

capri

Very nice color, suites the car well. I would like to see what´s the gouge like when you install it ;)

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Good start so far.
you obviously know what your doing with modding, John will keep you right aswell.
whats the matser plan? A track day car like Johns?

cheers for the comments

had the cambelt done yesterday, my motor has only done about 43k and the belt itself was fine really but the pump was on it's last legs. Anyone putting this off, I would recommend having this done asap as i initially wasn't going to bother until later in the year and im glad i didn't now as i think it would have ended in :cry:.

CupraMVR

Awesome GTi Technician
Oct 19, 2006
Crewe Cheshire
glad you got it all sorted mate. my pump was on its way out aswell with 50 k, the belt looked new and could of done another 50 k on it.

very minute update but as sad as it sounds I want to keep thread going with every detail, never know may help in the future.

Anyway, ordered Saturday and came today, nomad gauge pod, real good quality, exact finish to existing pillar cover and excellent customer service, rate them highly .

cleancarpics160.jpg

hopefully will fit at weekend with a couple of other goodies :D

My new LCR project thread *Performance Update 1*

thanks first of all to John for his help today :thumbup:

I wanted to do a little bit do the air induction aspect of the car as i don't think I will ever invest in an exhaust for the leon (emphasis being on 'don't think') so i wanted something that made a nice induction roar without comprising on performance........therefore i went for the Neuspeed P-Flo and a quality bit of kit it is too !

cleancarpics004.jpg

No good without a decent cold air feed so courtesy of a ebay, i got this 80 mm silicone/neoprene built cold air feed feed for £7 as opposed to £22 + postage from the likes of Demon Tweeks

cleancarpics001.jpg

I didn't want to keep disturbing the MAF just in case so saved the pennies to get the CAI system done in line with the TIP, thank you Mr Forge

cleancarpics002.jpg

and that left the final bit, the new Awesome GTi branded forge 007dv, and very [B)] it looks too!

cleancarpics003.jpg

Job Done!

cleancarpics005.jpg

Final pic is of the autogauge boost gauge plumbed in so to speak, not sure if i'm happy with it yet though so this might be temporary for a couple of months

cleancarpics006.jpg

Thats it then guys for this month purchasing wise, next couple of bits will be a little DIY jobbies which i'll post before and afters of, so until next month............................;)

Any comments welcome

Last edited: