RVC reversing camera installed

Godzzi

Nov 11, 2019
the signal is analog so you should forget about HD res.
From what I saw, it accepts both PAL and NTSC signal.

from wikipedia:
PAL usually has 576 visible lines compared with 486 lines with NTSC

Sep 3, 2020
Hi All,

i'm looking to install a reverse camera in my Seat Leon MK3. I am looking to purchase the Ampire KCN802 camera (https://www.amazon.co.uk/AMPIRE-KC802-NTSC-Camera-Construction-Mirrored/dp/B00OPNNSNO) . The camera itself does come with some cables however I'm not sure if any more cables are needed. Since the information regarding the reverse cam is vague, I am also looking to do a full step by step right up.

Also does anyone have any cheaper recommendations for a reverse camera?

kevster184

Mar 14, 2015
Hi All,

i'm looking to install a reverse camera in my Seat Leon MK3. I am looking to purchase the Ampire KCN802 camera (https://www.amazon.co.uk/AMPIRE-KC802-NTSC-Camera-Construction-Mirrored/dp/B00OPNNSNO) . The camera itself does come with some cables however I'm not sure if any more cables are needed. Since the information regarding the reverse cam is vague, I am also looking to do a full step by step right up.

Also does anyone have any cheaper recommendations for a reverse camera?

Looks identical to what I fitted. You need a filter if taking signal from reverse cable.
Power comes via that/the headunit, so I THINK that's it .

Check TPS for genuine prices, sometimes they suprise me. Make sure any difference of facelift/pre facelift.

Sep 3, 2020
Looks identical to what I fitted. You need a filter if taking signal from reverse cable.
Power comes via that/the headunit, so I THINK that's it .

Check TPS for genuine prices, sometimes they suprise me. Make sure any difference of facelift/pre facelift.

I phoned TPS and they quoted £159 for the camera itself and with no wiring! Apologies I am new to this but can you clarify when you say taking the signal from the reverse cable? How long have you had the Ampire reverse camera? Have you had any issues with it?

Stefan147

Jan 29, 2019
Athens Greece
Thank you for the recommendation. I’m assuming I would need to go for the silver option which costs £81.10? Have you used this camera? What is the picture quality like?
Yes, you need the kit with both the camera and the wiring. Then all you have to do is the assembly and coding. Ask the seller if the camera comes with the correct parameters otherwise you will also need VCP and not just VCDS.

Picture is OEM quality. Not great not terrible. Our screen is quite low resolution so the camera is not that important. Note that this is the Camera HIGH which was never an option for Leon 5F. It was used on Golfs, Octavias, A3s etc. Do some research in this topic and you will find lots of info about it.

Sep 3, 2020
Hi Stefan,

Does the camera from Alibaba support moving guidelines when reversing? I will be making the purchase within the next few days and still struggling to make a decision since both the high line and Ampire cameras cost around the same price.

Ksalmi

Apr 5, 2007
Finland
KA2 or high variant has moving guidelines so I would guess that Alibaba one has them. Theres also oem camera variant KA1 or low with static lines.
I installed this kit last weekend and can only recommend, they email you the instructions for easy installation ..

Stefan147

Jan 29, 2019
Athens Greece
Hi Stefan,

Does the camera from Alibaba support moving guidelines when reversing? I will be making the purchase within the next few days and still struggling to make a decision since both the high line and Ampire cameras cost around the same price.
Yes, it has the active guidelines since it's the camera High.

svenik

Sep 27, 2020
Hello guys,
im new here but i have one question how do you power supply the reverse view camera? from reverse light? How do you split the cable?

Last edited:

Ksalmi

Apr 5, 2007
Finland
Hello guys,
im new here but i have one question how do you power supply the reverse view camera? from reverse light? How do you split the cable?
Direct from the fusebox any free fuse holder where you can measure +12V with ignition off ..or you can splice into radio's thick +12V wire at its quadlock connector.

svenik

Sep 27, 2020
then i assume, there will be constant voltage and the cam will be always on (cam has alsom som LEDs) isnt it better to connect only to reversing light wires?

btw whats are the 2 existing cables (red circle) used for in the blue connector inside quadlock?
pins.PNG

Last edited:

Aris88

Aug 8, 2010
Athens, GREECE
Hey ! I just got my camera installed, but I don't see the guidelines. None at all. any ideas? In "Steering assistance" -> Long adaption, "with guide lines" is activated but it doesnt seem to work...

Evo97

Nov 23, 2020
Thanks Dan
Cutting a neat square hole is my worry
Maybe go for the ampire one

svenik

Sep 27, 2020
Hello all, i have an issue with the rvc installation, can anyone help?
i have leon st 2015 (media system plus 5.8 screen without navi + rear sensors)
So i added the pins to 12 and 6 into that blue connector...
I have the parking pilot enabled for rear sensor,s so i activated the rear camera using Carista app.
I have atm just the cheap cam from ali to try it : https://www.aliexpress.com/item/328...earchweb0_0,searchweb201602_,searchweb201603_

And now when i put it into reverse parking pilot is enabled with RVC but the picture is BLACK ( i tried the cam on TV works fine)
in car i have powered it using 12v adapter from cigarette lighter
what is the problem? can be that the pins for signal in blue connector have no contact? Or just the 5f0035824A unit is not supported for RVC?

Last edited: