second hand injectors

SeatR

Mar 17, 2008
Norway, Bergen
Got some sencond hand injectors, traveled 93,205 miles for £130 .

is that an ok price, and how safe is it to use old injectors when going hybrid

Edit: BAM 225bhp 386cc injectors

Jan 8, 2007
Wiltshire
That's a bit over price for ones that have covered that much mileage tbh. I paid £125 delivered for mine which have only covered 36k and I thought even that was a bit much but I was getting impatient ;)

You can get them cleaned using ultrasonics, not sure how much it costs though. I'd want mine cleaned if they'd covered that many miles

Jan 8, 2007
Wiltshire
Yeah I'd never buy from a dealer, that'd just be stupid. Just realised your in Norway and everything is expensive over there comapred to the UK so that might not be so bad ;)

__B3NNY__

OEM with a 'Twist'
May 5, 2005
Oxford
You wanna try ebay or edition38 and see if they will ship to overseas, i got mine from ED38, £110 from a BAM covering 31k.

turboboy

Limp Mode Squad ™
Dec 9, 2003
hants
really not sure but do injectors wear? i know they obivously get dirty but as long as you change the o rings is it goin to matter too much? i know we would all like new ones but if you get them cleaned and tested i dont see the problem!

Reuvers

I is a Dutch man!
Oct 30, 2007
Netherlands
I'm confused now. found these on the web

click

and although he claims them to be BAM and 225 LCR injectors, they look like the EV6 ones, apposed to the EV12's you need right?

SeatR

Mar 17, 2008
Norway, Bergen
Hey. have now cleaned them using ultrasonics bath ! and they begame very clean, but i believe i should ad power to them, using a battery, to open the injectors so that any dirt inside can be flushed out ??

Would it be ok to use a Big flashlight battery or something >?

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members