Shell V-Power Diesel. Thoughts?

skullmunki

Ding Ding Round 2!!!
Nov 12, 2006
tried a tankfull (well £40 worth) last month and to be honest camt see any improvement over shell extra with millers!

don't think i'll be paying for v+ again ;)

S8N

I posed thred yarp?
Apr 8, 2007
Manchester
Just done a 30 miles round trip with a 2nd tank of V-Power diesel. My thoughts:

1. Expensive! £1.04 a litre (had to try it to see and maybe give the car a treat).
2. Noticably quieter idle and under acceleration. I can really hear the turbo whistle.
3. Definitely perkier throttle response.
4. MPG is better (could the effect of not hammering the throttle so hard).

The 2nd tank is definitely better than the first. Didn't notice much difference on the first tank. This time left to almost empty before filling up again :)

Shame it's so expensive, can't afford it all the time but seems better to me, especially quieter!

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
On my second tank. The car does seem to run smoother/quieter but I don't think there is any performance to be gained from it.

Fastbaz

Fastbaz
Nov 26, 2006
west midlands
i am on my 3 rd tank of v power and yes it still smokes but the pickup seems better and miles per tank seem to have got better in my mind well worth the extra pennies per gallon.....

rickP

Feb 6, 2007
Cambridgeshire
Hmmmm got my FR+ 150 yesterday, light came on just at lunch... am wondering what to use....

Vpower or BP??

Will use the premium stuff lol

Mine will need a top up also this weekend...

For me it is about 3ppl cheaper for vpower over bp, but i don't know how regional variations go, so as its slightly closer as well i'll be vpower-ing it, but both just as good as each other in my opinion... bp probably edges it by 1% as its slightly more economical that the big bang vpower (in my engine anyway it feels...)

Molehill_Mike

Rollin' on 20s
Jan 3, 2005
Bedfordshire
I think I am gonna fill up this tank with standard BP/shell....

Then next tank the premium stuff... then I might try this Millers stuff... but the car is only 2 years old, so I doubt the millers is needed yet... plus she doesn't smoke at all! lol

Mike

mrk

May 4, 2007
still cant get it in scotland as far as im aware

my car munches through bp ultimate like theres no tomorrow for some reason

Molehill_Mike

Rollin' on 20s
Jan 3, 2005
Bedfordshire
Fille dup with normal Shell diesel, 99.9p a litre, put £54 in... OUCH!!

But reckons I'll get 450 from the tank....

At least when i do an ECU reset next time and use the posh stuff I will have something to compare it to...

platinumFR

Feb 2, 2006
manchester
I Use shell extra all the time and don't tend to spare the horses when driving, its all town driving and i get average 430 on a tank. I put 40 quids worth of v power in on tuesday and reset the counter, so far i have done 130miles and its showing i have 455 left and it doesnt seem to move as i drive, it said 430 when i filled up!
Does also seem to be smoother and slightly more quiet!
But time will tell if its worth the extra money if it keeps up them mpg's then its a yes from me.

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
I am starting to feel the benefits of the V-Power now however not in terms of power just in economy and smoothness of the engine. I am on my 4th tankful..real shame it costs £1.06 in London!

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.