Size of MK4 Ibiza front Speakers....

harperbas

Hello All,

At the weekend I got abit giddy:clap: and blew my front left speaker... any one know the size of the speaker?

Its a good excuse to start upgrading the sound system as the outside of the car is pretty much how I want it.

Cheers

Alex

tkjeeves

Blue
Jul 13, 2008
oxford
they are 17cm seperates (tweeter and woofer cone), stock are riveted on so have fun removing those.

you can swap to aftermarket but you'd probably want to get adaptors for them.

Cal91

1.4 Powerrr
Aimez, it's not too bad you know? I know someone who has fitted Rockford Fosgate Power 6.5" Speakers in the front. They have a mounting depth of around 68mm and he used 24mm MDF spacers and he said theres about a 2mm gap from the window.

I'm not sure who it was though lol! Might be R1ch85?

Last edited:

Aimez

Well only talking from experience yes you can makes adapter but alot of messing about got some for about £10 from ebay was alot easier. The rivets are a pain in the ass when you have fitted speakers to a few cars and it takes a few minutes to pop them in.

Cal91

1.4 Powerrr
I'm fitting new speakers soon. I will drill out the rivets.

I won't buy my adapters. I'll be making them from 10mm+ MDF, just cut them into rings. It's cheaper that way and you can suit the spacers to the speaker. MDF has better accoustic properties too. People have gone for 24mm spacers but then had problems fitting the door card back on.

But each to their own tbh. It depends how much work you want to put into it.

Did you sound deaden your doors Aimez?

Last edited:

Aimez

nah not some ICE perfectionist tbh as have no clue how to fit any of the other bits got pro install place to fit my amps! Would have cost me more to make adapters no MDF no jigsaw and no cutting skills lol! If you sounds deaden the doors you may as well do the whole car as the ibiza rattles quite a lot so the doors will not stop vibrations/rattles.

tkjeeves

Blue
Jul 13, 2008
oxford
I've used Dynamat Extreme on my car mainly due to the cost (got them for the same price as normal version) and also the fact the doors are so heavy (was used to paperthin jap style doors with plastic liner skins not heavy sheet metal!) Not sure how much of a difference that made as i pretty much did them straight away when i got the car. :happy:

tkjeeves

Blue
Jul 13, 2008
oxford
I used 2 wedge paks and had some bits left over to cover the boot, then had some alternative materials for the rear quarters. To be honest the rear quarters are stiff enough.

Kman.J

Apr 2, 2015
what exactly do yous mean by "sound deadening"? do ye just mean tightening up any bits that rattle from the vibrations? the driver side door handle rattles like **** on mine, annoys the **** out of me.
Really want to upgrade the speakers in the car cos the back left is blown and didnt even consider what the other rattles might be like

DanSummerfield

Mar 1, 2015
Derby
Anyone know what the adapters are that are needed? or can provide a link to it, bought some aftermarkets after getting excited and pulling the speaker cover off :/ now thought may aswell change them but dont know where to start

RoyE

Jul 24, 2013
Lincs
I spent a good few hours doing front speakers (and amp etc) last summer on my Mk4 FR and would suggest the following to keep life very simple:

1. speaker lead adapters - to plug aftermarket speakers direct into the existing wiring adapters - search ebay for "PC2-807 Seat Ibiza Cordoba Speaker Adaptor Lead" - got mine from liquidice, about £3 for a pair - they say for ibiza 1999-2002 but were correct fit for the mk4 2004-

2. MDF Speaker rings/spacers - depends what depth you need to achieve for your speakers. I fitted Hertz DSK165.3 which have a 64mm mount depth and I calculated I needed 22mm spacers. MDF ones I got were from radioworld-online on ebay - search for "RW-SR-20" - they have other sizes on same auction, about £7 for the pair. They were a close fit but ok - about 2 mm gap to window, doorcard fitted back on fine.

Unless you really have the time/skill to build your own MDF rings or need a very unique depth it's a lot easier to just buy them - just measure carefully to get the right depth :whistle:

OvEr_KiLL

Apr 6, 2014
North West
MDF or the Autoleads SAK-3105 but not sure on the depth, you would have to ask them
as for soundeadening he makes special stuff stuck all over the door to make the speakers sound better like skinz etc. but what you can do is get something like this http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/deadening/damping-mats/dynamat-xtreme-speaker-kit-dyn10415 and just mold it on the door and around the speaker adapter
and BTW hertz dieci's are probably the best after market speaker you can get that will run fine off the headunit and doesnt need amped to sound good!
i run them and absolutely love them :)

Last edited:
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.