Sprint Booster

tony2311

the weight will make the throttle travel a lot more for the effort giving exactly same as sprint booster, for example if you wanted 1/4 throttle you will be getting 1/2 throotle instead

andycupra

status subject to change
im my opinion the the movement of throttle on LC and LCRs could be longer, not shorter.
im a definate no for this.

However throttle response is quite a personal thing, what i dont like other may think is great.

Sounds like those that have had throttle paramenters changed via remap should keep clear of this also.

Last edited:

v-g

is an alien.
Mar 10, 2004
Nowhere near, i.e. Norway.
the weight will make the throttle travel a lot more for the effort giving exactly same as sprint booster, for example if you wanted 1/4 throttle you will be getting 1/2 throotle instead

What ever weight I used when I stepped on it, I was never able to do it as quickly as with the Sprint Booster.

As I've mentioned before, I know how to move my feet and arms. Drums is the answer.

So I totally NOT agree with the word "exactly".

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Me too
It is not the same as stamping on the pedal
If you do that on the LCR it doesn't go anywhere quicker
It IS different from just stamping on the pedal.
Try one.
If they are so popular buy one, try it, if you don't like it sell it on
If it doesn't make a difference why do mappers change this?
Why not just tell the owners to stamp on their pedals quicker??
Please try this on an unmapped car before you comment, the guy's who have them and not mapped by revo or custom code like them.
We all have nothing to gain by telling you all about it.
I think the question is why do re mapper change this without telling the owners about it?
Is this another way to make the car 'feel' quicker
Honestly, non remapped car owner you will notice a difference and if you drive your car hard you will like it:)

v-g

is an alien.
Mar 10, 2004
Nowhere near, i.e. Norway.
Me too
It is not the same as stamping on the pedal
If you do that on the LCR it doesn't go anywhere quicker
It IS different from just stamping on the pedal.
Try one.
If they are so popular buy one, try it, if you don't like it sell it on
If it doesn't make a difference why do mappers change this?
Why not just tell the owners to stamp on their pedals quicker??
Please try this on an unmapped car before you comment, the guy's who have them and not mapped by revo or custom code like them.
We all have nothing to gain by telling you all about it.
I think the question is why do re mapper change this without telling the owners about it?
Is this another way to make the car 'feel' quicker
Honestly, non remapped car owner you will notice a difference and if you drive your car hard you will like it:)
:thumbup:

J@mes

e46psi.com ;-)
Jun 14, 2004
I emailed Jabba sport the other day asking if my throttle map was adjusted in my remap and here is Mike's responce...

Hi James,
Yes the throttle map has been adjusted for improved linearity. The ‘Sprint Booster’ only modifies the throttle potentiometer signal. It can’t improve power or engine / turbo response as full throttle is full throttle as far as the ECU is concerned. It will make for a very fidgety response and the car very hard to drive smoothly. The throttle maps can be configured to give full demand by ½ throttle but this can be very difficult to live with. Basically these kind of modules just give the illusion of more power............
Best Regards,
Michael
Jabbasport Ltd

as a result I will NOT be buying a sprint booster now.

over and out!

Oct 17, 2006
Mid Wales
It makes sense - a device positioned where the sprint booster is CAN ONLY increase or decrease the voltage being kicked out by the pedal at a given position - it's impossible for it to be able to do anything else. Claims that it speeds up the signal can't be right - adding extra circuitry won't make the signals travel 'faster'

Mar 26, 2007
S.Wales
as much as anything else, even if the sprint booster did "speed up the signal" how much do people think it would speed it up by? it would be milliseconds if it was even possible, the biggest delay is not the signal from the pedal to the ecu but actually from ecu to fuel injection, it certainly cant speed that up!!!

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Well ive removed mine, and its up for sale....

didn't really get on with it on my nice map.....

so if anyone is interested :)
Was it easy to remove?
Have you got an idiots guide?
As i didn't fit mine I don't know what to look for, I know roughly where it is but thats all
Mine will be coming off for the winter:cry:

davidhunter

Apr 27, 2004
You need to remove the lower dash board including the screws in and around the fuse box area within the door bit. Then you may need to actually take the lower fuse holder out which is held on with 2 nuts once you push it out of the way the booster will be sitting there side on to you so will only be a few mm in depth and also sitting vertically. I found it quite difficult to remove as, unlike most VW sockets, it does not appear to have we push in levers so a good bit of wiggling and finally it came out.

Sorry I don't have a pic of the area but if anyone has a pic of that lower fuse holder area I could draw on exactly where it is.

My cupra is up from 180 to 220 and I thought I did not like it until I took it off for a few hours, its back on now as its just too much fun in conjunction with Jim at Star's maps.

David

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise