SW update for MIB2 infotainment system?

Dec 31, 2020
I hope someone can clarify something for me regarding a firmware update on my 2017 Leon.
It's Hardware version H41 and It's currently running the original firmware 0462.
I see in the Mega files posted recently there's version 0479 which OBD11 says is the latest version for my car.
The question I have is can I just install 0479 or do I need to do 0469 and 0475 first?
I don't want to corrupt anything so hopefully someone here will know what it is I should be doing. Thanks.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201119-132317.jpg
    Screenshot_20201119-132317.jpg
    219 KB · Views: 536

Carl Levoir

Jan 2, 2019
I have just updated from 0462 to 0479 and it did it in one operation, haven't seen much difference though!

Its scary watching the unit update, and praying that it will work OK afterwards, I lost all DAB radio icons which I had to add again

Dec 31, 2020
I have just updated from 0462 to 0479 and it did it in one operation, haven't seen much difference though!

Its scary watching the unit update, and praying that it will work OK afterwards, I lost all DAB radio icons which I had to add again
That’s good to know it worked, i just want to update to try and rid the unit of some of the bugs it has, like the Sat Nav not starting occasionally, reversing camera going blank for a few seconds before coming on or all my radio stations being greyed out.

Carl Levoir

Jan 2, 2019
Thankfully I didn't have any of those problems, and just wanted to be up to date to see if there had been an improvements, as I have 2017 Leon.

It was painless and took about 40mins to carry out.

Reactions: STFR-Dave
Dec 31, 2020
Thankfully I didn't have any of those problems, and just wanted to be up to date to see if there had been an improvements, as I have 2017 Leon.

It was painless and took about 40mins to carry out.
Just completed the update to 0479, everything seems to be working so will have to see if the bugs are fixed.

SteveGSXR600K1

May 6, 2017
That's what I thought, just interested to hear if anyone's tried it.
The Software version relates to the Hardware version. So hardware H2X has software in the range of 02XX, H3X has software in the range of 03XX, etc. So you'd be trying to get software written for different hardware working on yours, which could result in bricking it.

Reactions: STFR-Dave
Jan 3, 2021
Sorry if this is already made clear in the earlier post(s) but I have read so many now :).

I am also updating from 0462 to 0479 on my 17 plate Leon. I have located the file in the MEGA link and unzipped and put onto a SD card. is this the only file I need and then just follow the update process once I put it in the car?. Thanks in Advance.

Carl Levoir

Jan 2, 2019
Once you unzip the files, they will be in a single folder. You need to copy all files from the single folder into the root directory of the SD card

So by searching your SD you should have the following folders:-

1609688444400.png

Reactions: Walone

gn6

Jun 14, 2019
Hi everyone, can someone please tell me if there is any update available for my seat Ateca:
Device no: 5F0035043F
Hardware: H54
Software: 1409

I see in the FW shared folders that exists MU Version 1447 ( MHI2_ER_SEG11_P4709). Could this be installed?
Thank you!

Tell

Staff member
Well according to Obdeleven which shares what other people are running 1409 is the most recent... nobody who uses Obdeleven has anything beyond that. It could be that anything above that hasn't been seen yet. I'm working on 1409 will be the final release of the mib2 high firmware unless they do a fix for something. Also reckon 2025 will be the final year of map updates for mib2 so FeC navigation settings above that will be a waste of time. The other variable in the mix.

Last edited:
Only negative of these retrofits is if Seat plug into the car and do a SVM update it'll notice that the configuration mismatches with the factory held data and reset any retrofits. Just something to make sure Seat don't do if you use the dealership in future :)

If any cars we work on are affected by the Monkeys at the local dealership then we'll reflash/activate as necessary free of charge :)

Reactions: Walone

Tell

Staff member
Only negative of these retrofits is if Seat plug into the car and do a SVM update it'll notice that the configuration mismatches with the factory held data and reset any retrofits. Just something to make sure Seat don't do if you use the dealership in future :)

I don't think they are that clever. The SVM error pops up on a normal scan and all those people running the standard navigation map work around will be showing one for sure, about 95% of them. They are a devil to clear. Apart from resetting the unit to be difficult but not refreshing the software they stick to soaking stuff in petrol and that's about the limit of their expertise. HQ give them instructions on specific matters that they pass up. Then they get told which ODIS keys to press. They don't look for trouble. When I messed my system up the limits became obvious. I then worked out what I needed to do and fixed it myself before I had a chargeable visit. The guy ran ODIS but didnt know how to fix.... and yes he was an expert in soaking engine parts in petrol.

You'd be surprised how easy it is.

If there's an SVM error present (somebody hasn't done their job properly, or they're running dodgy maps) then odis will create a guided function and if ran, will adapt the control module online ?

However do the job properly, activate mapcare instead of bodging it, and clear up after yourself after updating and you'll have no SVM error, no confirmation of installation change error and they'll have no reason to mess around ( in the process of changing my username to East Yorkshire Retrofit Solutions)

Last edited:

Tell

Staff member
It depends how good your retrofitters are :rolleyes:, the ones that use to be in Croydon (not you) would leave the unit with an SVM error after work on a high unit, you could get rid of it with the normal method after repeatedly applying the fix but returns after a map update which it seems to deem as a variation in software, that's using the backend. Possibly / probably that they didn't do the original work as they should have done or using the backend (Swdl). Given that it pops up again after a map update through the backend I don't bother to correct it now, it doesn't upset the garage. Safety in numbers with all those standard units showing an SVM that have used the "workaround" in map updates. The work around generated ones are more pesky to get rid of. Don't bother with those now. Safety in numbers :ROFLMAO:.

I expect now things have moved on a bit modding the standard navigation FeC is regular work for a retrofitter so the workaround isnt required and you dont get the SVMs errors using that method if you choose that route. I've seen on German boards the debate of how important or not it is to clear SVMs that originated from the standard workaround now the method has gone global. Made an interesting read, German precision verses pragmatism, conclusion pragmatism. Go for pragmatism myself on SVMs these days the world won't crash in on you if you have an SVM error although it's nice not to have them in the first place.

Ps welcome aboard.

Last edited: