Syphon's MK2 Leon Cupra - mods complete (for now!) - new pics at end of thread :)

wild willy

Aug 4, 2003
Wales
Great to hear your still enjoying the car.:) Shes a keeper.
When your upgrade to the mk3, i'll be upgrading to the mk2.;)
Nice to see you posting too.
great to see you back on the forum too Rob........ maybe a return to the fold in the future.:funk:

Syphon

Site Owner
Staff member
Feb 28, 2002
South West
www.seatcupra.net
I've noticed there are a few that purchased new mk2's in 07 and still have them ;-)

If the MK3 had been out sooner I would have switched. This is the longest I've held onto the same car.

There are some very tempting offers on the New Focus ST at the moment and I've flirted with an Ibiza Cupra, but crazily the Ibiza would be £100 more a month than the ST on PCP.

I need that new car buzz again. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the Cupra and it's nice not having had it on finance for years.

I will be in the next Leon Cupra, it's whether I hold out until then or switch for something on a two year PCP for that buzz.

Cupra is by far the best car I've owned and still goes like stink and handles a treat.

Scott

Last edited:

Cupra R

Dec 5, 2001
UK.
Visit site
Yeah. I agree. It is nice for it to be yours lol and not on finance or bank loan etc.

It still ticks all my boxes apart from AWD and DSG but that "could" be fixed.

Last edited:

Syphon

Site Owner
Staff member
Feb 28, 2002
South West
www.seatcupra.net
Not posted a pic in the while. Gave it a good clean last weekend.

main.php

New front tyres in the garage waiting to go on next week.

Just turned 46K miles. Will be up for sale in the not too distant future methinks.

Scott

Syphon

Site Owner
Staff member
Feb 28, 2002
South West
www.seatcupra.net
Forgot to add, stock intake hose had worn out. Replaced the other week with a tough Forge one. Also mid section of the Milltek Catback had developed a hole around the weld. Awesome and Milltek have been great and are sending out a replacement under warranty, to be fitted this weekend. :)

Car still going strong. Still loving it. Just over 49K on the clock so good for its age. However, watch out for a for sale thread appearing soonish as it will be looking to move on to another loving new home to make way for the new beasty... ;)

Scott

Syphon

Site Owner
Staff member
Feb 28, 2002
South West
www.seatcupra.net
Now we know the MK3 Cupra order books will be open in Jan I'm readying the process of putting my car up for sale some time next month.

I'm going to wait until I have the order placed and an idea of lead time before committing finally, but anyone who may be interested on this fine specimen (yes I'm biased), here's your heads up. :)

Scott

Last edited:
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members