Tdi Cupra engine cover

RichieRich

Mk4 Golf GT TDi
Sep 17, 2005
Oxfordshire :)
www.bebo.com
does any1 know if the Tdi engine cover would fit on the other diesel's with the right connectors? im sure it would but wanna make sure lol Thanks guys.. and if so part numbers for the cover and connectors?

RCS2K4

Aug 28, 2007
Milton Keynes
www.xrct.co.uk
The engine cover from the Cupra TDi was an exact swap for the engine cover under my TDi FR. It's easy to remove too, it clips on at the front, and has one large screw on the top, in the middle. Really easy!

Not sure if it would fit over any smaller TDi engines though, only the 1.9's...

RCS2K4

Aug 28, 2007
Milton Keynes
www.xrct.co.uk
The clips are built into the engine cover, it almost latches onto the engine at the front. As for the screw, you will already have that under there. It's on the top end of the engine cover, closest to your windcreeen. It's pretty large, and is screwed into a round rubber holder. I'll try and find a picture...

RCS2K4

Aug 28, 2007
Milton Keynes
www.xrct.co.uk
I dont have the part numbers, but here's that visual aid I promised. This was taken from my Ibiza FR TDi. The engine cover for the "Seat Sport" branded one is exactly the same size:

DSC00037.JPG

RCS2K4

Aug 28, 2007
Milton Keynes
www.xrct.co.uk
The things you need that "lock" the cover on at the front are attached to the engine cover. If you find the cover, chnages are the grippy hook things it has on it will be there also :) Good luck hunting :)

Also, if you do find one - check if it's got a strut brace, because i'll be wanting to nick it!

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise