the ibiza that got me hooked

Jordanwaterhous

Motorsport > Scene
Sep 15, 2009
Leeds
www.facebook.com
Fool!!! Why did you buy a Cat C?!

I reckon you've got used to diesel now so you're looking at maybe a PD130 or PD160 ibiza?
I also think you've sen the light an realised VAG is king so maybe Leon Golf?

Guesses:
Ibiza PD130 or PD160
Leon PD150 or CR170
Golf GT TDI (CR170)

Am i any where near?! :)

marksy93

In an Ibiza..FR This Time
Aug 26, 2010
N.Yorkshire
Fool!!! Why did you buy a Cat C?!

I reckon you've got used to diesel now so you're looking at maybe a PD130 or PD160 ibiza?
I also think you've sen the light an realised VAG is king so maybe Leon Golf?

Guesses:
Ibiza PD130 or PD160
Leon PD150 or CR170
Golf GT TDI (CR170)

Am i any where near?! :)

Very foolish :( next time it's gunna be a text check!!

Well it would be a PD130 engine but can't do the insurance on a Fabia vRS so don't think I'll be able to on an Ibiza FR - so thinking about a 100bhp sportrider as by the looks of it they have quite a good spec

Chris_a_73

1.2L Ibiza Mk4 '07
Oct 27, 2009
Guildford and Bristol (uni)
Tbh, I don't know why you didn't stick with the 1.2 for a bit longer... Its not that bad!
My insurance will be £500 in a couple of months, and then next year I can get a Cupra for £600 insurance. Patience is a virtue as they say.

marksy93

Aug 26, 2010
N.Yorkshire
well guys....

found a few lovely ibiza's out there and also some dogs! found a 100bhp Sportrider 08 plate and also a FR 57plate

after ringing the insurance i got the following quotes -

Sportrider - £245 CHEAPER to insure :D
FR 130BHP - £120 CHEAPER to insure :D

VERY happy bunny at the moment so i may be buying an FR...hopefully.

However been looking at some specs and i didnt realise they made an ibiza with cruise control? :confused: been reading the spec of the Sportrider and it says it comes with it? error in the ad or did they?

marksy93

Aug 26, 2010
N.Yorkshire
i have a new arrival on monday!!! ;)

Seat Ibiza 2007 (57) FR PD130 Black Magic 5Door

Traction Control
AUX
6speed Manual
FR 17" Alloys
FR Embossed Front Seats
Full FR Body Kit + Front Fogs
Trip Computer
MP3 Radio
Climate Control
Electric Wingmirrors (Heated, Powerfold & Adjustment)
ABS

and the usual FR goodies!!!!

when i get it i shall be putting pics up :D

marksy93

Aug 26, 2010
N.Yorkshire
I know fronting is trying to be stamped out...which is why I don't like it but no other way.

Waiting for the finance to be agreed.

Plans are remap, air induction kit (any recommendations? Heard KN are good on the VAG PD130 engines) and possibly a front mounted Intercooler...maybe forge??

rf860

Jan 23, 2010
scotland
The insurance will be even more with all those mods. I'd just wait till you get used to the standard car first tbh. It will feel very quick at first. It did for me...

Jordanwaterhous

Motorsport > Scene
Sep 15, 2009
Leeds
www.facebook.com
I know fronting is trying to be stamped out...which is why I don't like it but no other way.

Waiting for the finance to be agreed.

Plans are remap, air induction kit (any recommendations? Heard KN are good on the VAG PD130 engines) and possibly a front mounted Intercooler...maybe forge??

I wouldn't bother pussyfooting around with a K&N, get something decent like JR or ITG (much bigger)

JR on left K&N on right
IMG-20111218-00031.jpg

And i also agree with rf860, Yeah you've had your focus for a bit which was nippy, but i bet a PD130 will be a little quicker.

Get used to the car for 6 months then remap it. 185bhp an 300lb/ft is a lot in comparison to your 1.2 that you were only driving 6 months ago.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.