the ibiza that got me hooked

Veyron

Dec 3, 2009
Birmingham

marksy93

In an Ibiza..FR This Time
Aug 26, 2010
N.Yorkshire
so payday has occured and i have painted my rear drums :) they need a 2nd coat of the black however for the moment they will do as i havent got much time :)

piccies -

IMG_0954.jpg

IMG_0956.jpg

IMG_0958.jpg

IMG_0959.jpg

marksy93

Aug 26, 2010
N.Yorkshire
going to get a new set of tyres when i get my refurb done - recomendations for good all year tyres? got summer tyres at the moment and they are shocking in the wet! (obviously not built for a british summer)

also birthday present from my mum & step dad - i got a week to IBIZA ;) ha ha

Chris_a_73

1.2L Ibiza Mk4 '07
Oct 27, 2009
Guildford and Bristol (uni)
I have Yokohama Parada Spec 2's. Pretty good from my experience.

They are really good in the dry, okay in the wet (much better than budget tyres) and seem to last a while. I had a new set on when I got my cupra alloys and they're still going strong after 15-16 months and roughly 8k miles.

marksy93

Aug 26, 2010
N.Yorkshire
I have Yokohama Parada Spec 2's. Pretty good from my experience.

They are really good in the dry, okay in the wet (much better than budget tyres) and seem to last a while. I had a new set on when I got my cupra alloys and they're still going strong after 15-16 months and roughly 8k miles.

Price??

marksy93

Aug 26, 2010
N.Yorkshire
so after a week of being on holiday in IBIZA ;) came back to a lovely package from postman pat -

IMG_1051.jpg

guess what's going to be this colour ;)

need to paint my rear drums again so shall do them all at the same time, + needing to organize the refurb however still after a set of 4 new (or nearly new) tyres as my rear 2 are near the legal limit + the front 2 are crap in the wet + one has a slow puncture :(

marksy93

Aug 26, 2010
N.Yorkshire
so the update is -

painted the rear drums black & put another coat on last night as the 1st coat i did about a week ago was a bit thin and could still see some of the rusty/horrible drum underneath - however the 2nd coat has covered them really well :)

painted the front calipers bright green with 2 coats (one last night & one today) so just letting it dry now, the 1st coat covered really well however another coat was needed :)

next plans are - alloy refurb (black alloys) which shall set the calipers & drums off really well! also a new set of tyres & also starting work on the rear end, im just really struggling to find a cupra rear end :(, also needing a facelift or fabia rear wiper along with a new set of darker (sport) rear lights as my get really bad condensation and i feel the darker red ones look great!

also possibly getting vRS suspension that has been lowered either 35mm or 50mm (cant remember) when my mate gets his new coilover kit :)

pics shall be up once the wheels are back on :)

bunisjamin

One Life...Drive Like It
Jan 19, 2011
North Hertfordshire
I would recommend some people on ebay breaking ibiza, give them an email, the worst they can say is no. i would agree my rear lights, the facelift ones, do look a lot nicer then the pre facelift.

I don't know how the condensation would differ, I still get it every so often, try not to notice so it doesn't annoy me.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise