Tom.'s Darkside Developments big turbo'd Ibiza TDI

Aug 19, 2007
East Yorkshire
Cheers fella. Was almost tempted to leave the front plate off, and just put it in the front window.

Plates now on the car:

IMG_1203.jpg

IMG

Aug 19, 2007
East Yorkshire
I didn't get a picture Scott, but its the one nearer to the offside. You have to make sure the nozzle sits higher than the pump though, otherwise it allows the water to just run off.

Cheers Ad. Very tempted to take it off again!

Aug 19, 2007
East Yorkshire
Adam, not sure yet. Considering going aero with a bit flat carbon splitter.

Marl, I'll have a word with my mate, as to my knowledge, there's only maybe 4 of these in existence.

dieter_321

Nov 19, 2010
Goole, East Yorkshire
Saw you tonight mate between Swinefleet and Estoft, pretty sure it was you anyway. The intercooler looks great, very intimidating lol. As for the facelift bumper try motorhog at askern near doncaster, they might have one.

Aug 19, 2007
East Yorkshire
Yeah that will no doubt have been me. Been through to my mates in Luddington. Never even noticed a Ibiza on my way! Bumper wise, im after either the cupra or aero bumper. It sits a lot deeper than the facelift one, and for what im planning, it will work better.

Friggerpants

Hey Tom, it's Luke (fabia owner, met at GTI inters).

was just wondering if you could send me a dyno graph of your car with the stage 2 on it?

I've just drove home my GTB'd pd130, and you won't be dissapointed..........

Aug 19, 2007
East Yorkshire
Alright Luke. Glad to hear your happy with it. Ryan was saying how well it went. When i get chance I'll scan my graph from the other day. Started fitting my 2265 today. What a nightmare its been! so little space! Everything looks top quality though.

Hoping to get it finished off tomorrow night then gonna drop it with Ryan for mapping. Hoping for some big figures!

Friggerpants

Alright Luke. Glad to hear your happy with it. Ryan was saying how well it went. When i get chance I'll scan my graph from the other day. Started fitting my 2265 today. What a nightmare its been! so little space! Everything looks top quality though.

Hoping to get it finished off tomorrow night then gonna drop it with Ryan for mapping. Hoping for some big figures!

Nightmare? I assume you've got the same kit that's fitted to mine though? There's a little trick to fitting it, Ryan told me, you need to undo the dogbone, and pull engine forward to fit it in one go.

You fitting injectors and cam at same time too? It'll be very good to see how much more power you'll make compared to mine!

I can't post a link to mine on Darksides website, until I've posted 15 posts, or I would!

If you could send me a copy of a graph to [email protected] I'll be grateful, just wanna compare yours to mine lol!

Aug 19, 2007
East Yorkshire
Fitting a set of injectors with +80% nozzles, but leaving standard cam in whilst Colt bring out their stage 3 cam.

Once I get chance I'll send you a copy. Either that, or you could mail Ryan and ask him as he's got a digital copy of it.

We'll have to meet once mines been done. Be good to compare.

Aug 19, 2007
East Yorkshire
So **** just got serious. Picked my new turbo, manifold, downpipe and injectors up from Darkside Developments last friday.

First, pictures of the new parts:

IMG_1230.jpg

IMG_1231.jpg

IMG_1235.jpg

IMG_1236.jpg

Pictures of them against the previous items (old turbo is Turbodynamics stage 2 PD150 hybrid, new is DarksideDevelopments GTB2265VK):

IMG_1239.jpg

IMG_1245.jpg

IMG_1246.jpg

And some of them in the process of being fitted to the car:

IMG_1253.jpg

IMG_1259.jpg

IMG_1263.jpg

Car is currently away with Ryan for mapping, and should have some numbers early next week, all being well.
Spoke to him earlier, and his words were "its running with the base file and is a bit mental even on low boost", so cant wait to get it back! It's also spooling earlier than expected, which is a bonus!

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.