Track day mk2 16v

gmjgreg7

Hi,

I'm interested in getting my hands on a 16v mk2 Ibiza to do some track days in. I'd like to use it to for [learning/bumping into things] in while I save up for a motor (safe daily driver for the wife) to replace the mk3 20v.

How much would I be looking at for a 16valve mk2 with a shell in reasonable condition and an useable engine?

Cheers,

-Greg

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
surcalation said:
take a look on auto trader mate, 2k-4k at a rough guess

for a track day car?

nobody should pay 4k for a 16v now.

i would say anything from 1k up since you don't need it to be in nice nick

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Cupra Kid said:
Seen them going on ebay for less than £1k now, if its only track use and your mechanically minded get a cheap one and run it into the ground.

If you want a track day car you'd best be mechanically minded!

It doesn't really matter about the state of most of the components given that you WILL be buying new brakes/tyres/suspension anyway

Scotty_b

Leon Cupra 300R
Jun 3, 2004
Hertfordshire
Ive been looking for a while. You/me just missed a lime green mk2 with dodgy paint for £680. I was going to bid again but left it as I was having “Leon” issues again. Most seem to go for around 1k but there in good nick etc, you want to wait for the old dogs that occasionally come up on ebay. Have you thought about a mk3 golf? AS there dirt cheap and use the same lump?

gmjgreg7

Thanks for the advice everyone, I shall keep my eye on ebay and my ear to the ground. Hopefully something that fits the bill will pop up!

Cheers,

-Greg

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.