twin bulb headlight questio

griff82

Leon Cupra 20v Turbo
Jan 13, 2009
one of my ibiza cupra healights have been broken everything eles is in tact except for the glass

im having a bit of trouble trying to finding one

my question is would i just be able to fit just the glass off a normal single bulb ibiza headlight i think they look the same:confused:

thanx let me know

griff82

Leon Cupra 20v Turbo
Jan 13, 2009
no mate what i mean is can i fit the glass off a single bulb headlight onto a twin bulb headlight,so i will still have two twin bulb headlights buy just replacing the the glass

i'm actully confusing myself now

hopkinsgm

Do-doo-be-do-do-dooo
May 25, 2001
Swindon (occasionally)
Visit site
No, you can't fit the lens from a H4 single lamp unit onto the back of a H1 twin lamp unit. It might physically fit, but the lenses are different. The beam pattern will be all over the shop if you do. Your choices are replace the lens with the correct lens, replace the whole unit with the right unit or replace both units with the H4 single lamp units.

As for the comment above about seeing Cupra's with H4 headlights, it's not a standard fitment (in as much as there is such a thing with mk2 Ibiza's...). Pre-facelift 2.0 8v and 1.8 16v GTI's used the H4 single lamp units, but post facelift 2.0 8v's had the H1 twin lamp units.

griff82

Leon Cupra 20v Turbo
Jan 13, 2009
ok mate thanks for the detailed anser much appericated

im half thinking of getting some angel eye's so cuz the wiring is different from the single bulb and the twin bulb how do the angel eyes wire in is there two types of angel eyes or is there like a convertion kit or somting

still a bit confused

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
connector on the back of the lamps is the same single/twin as far as i have seen so far

rectangular 4 pin

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members