# ECE 2022-2023 25.9 GB
Version: V03.959.818.H 197 ECE 2022/2023
DevVersion: P197_N60S5MIBH3_EU_NT_Q3.21
VW portal: https://vw-maps-cdn.lighthouselabs.eu/vw-maps/P197_N60S5MIBH3_EU.7z
VW portal: https://navigation-maps.volkswagen.com/vw-maps/P197_N60S5MIBH3_EU.7z
Files inside: 2021.10.14
Downloadable: 2022.05.09
Published: 2022.--.--
Today I've installed this new version (using the bottom link) in my High system. Although installation took a little more time than previous versions (about 40 minutes now), it works perfectly.

Reactions: Tell

Walone

Feb 10, 2016
Near Heathrow
Today I've installed this new version (using the bottom link) in my High system. Although installation took a little more time than previous versions (about 40 minutes now), it works perfectly.
Did mine today, 35 minutes :) Edit, will have to use a 64gb card next time, 197 maps just about fitted on 32gb card.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tell

CupraRST

Feb 25, 2020
NL
Did mine today, 35 minutes :) Edit, will have to use a 64gb card next time, 197 maps just about fitted on 32gb card.
Just checked my 32 Gb MicroSD card: There's only 366 Mb free space left with this 197 version on it. A larger card might be needed for the next version, we just have to wait about a half year to see.

Reactions: Walone

Walone

Feb 10, 2016
Near Heathrow
Just checked my 32 Gb MicroSD card: There's only 366 Mb free space left with this 197 version on it. A larger card might be needed for the next version, we just have to wait about a half year to see.
Just looked at my cards, the 195maps show about 579MB free and the 197 shows 494MB free so assuming each update adds say 100MB we should still be OK with 32gb cards for the next update. :)

CupraRST

Feb 25, 2020
NL
Just looked at my cards, the 195maps show about 579MB free and the 197 shows 494MB free so assuming each update adds say 100MB we should still be OK with 32gb cards for the next update. :)
So, that makes clear that not all 32 Gb cards have the same usable space. To make it easy, haha.

Reactions: Walone

eltawater

Full and wholesome member
May 1, 2008
Just want to say a big thanks to all the folks here, particularly Tell, for the help and continued support on these map updates.

I have a 2016 Cupra ST with an MIB2 standard with Europe V1 card and I've been happily updating the maps with the workaround overall.nds method all this time. I started noticing a more frequent error reading SD card from the MIB2 unit over the past year and feared that my SD card was on the way out.

As per an earlier post, I have purchased a Skoda SD card which turns out to be a 32GB card and works absolutely perfectly with the same workaround method (including my old Seat overall.nds file).

I think there are quite a few sellers of "Genuine Skoda navigation SD cards" on ebay but this the listing I bought from and it works fine for me:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/403577804813

2022 GENUINE SKODA V15 AS GEN2 MIB2 OCTAVIA / FABIA / MAP SAT NAV SD CARD

Tell

Staff member
Solid state memory can give up in the end. A number of people have zapped their map cards of recent with reformatting them rather than just deleting what's on them. Best to just delete. Don't ever change the cluster size. Windows 11 doesn't default to what it was before, should be 4096. Think recent issues are related to Windows 11 wacking the SD when they do the high risk format rather than the delete.

The language workaround with the all Europe card and the 16gb cards has been reported not to work now since the file size has out grown the short term fix. It's buy a 32gb VAG map card as you did for those that find that, move the overall.nds file as per the normal workaround onto it and business as usual.

I reckon we should see map updates for 2-3 years more. 2025 will be the last if like mib1 and Vags previous statements on mib1. We'll see.

May 30, 2022
Hello,
After bad upgrade (no backup grrr) I search old SEAT ATECA MAP like 1030 (V7) or 1115.
Did someone can share it with me ?
I don't have find active link...
KG

Tell

Staff member
Hello,
After bad upgrade (no backup grrr) I search old SEAT ATECA MAP like 1030 (V7) or 1115.
Did someone can share it with me ?
I don't have find active link...
KG
See the Lost and Found section in the resource:

It's the universal solution in general.

E.g.. The v1 link

That's the original Seat release for Mib2 Standard, the overall.nds file from that fixes your issue for the workaround which you must do. That's to say you do the workaround but since you have lost your original overall.nds file you use the V1 version.

Reactions: epoxsv

alias76

May 27, 2022
ciao a tutti la mia non ha scadenza?

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2022-05-31 at 19.40.19.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-05-31 at 19.40.19.jpeg
    104.5 KB · Views: 175

Tell

Staff member
Yours is a mib2 standard, you follow the workaround instructions.

Follow workaround below.

rctempire

Jun 20, 2022
Quick one.
Have the MIB2 (6P0), believe its version 1410. Leon ST.
What is the best route to upgrade maps on this. Tried the VW Maps (ECE 1 2023 6.7 Gb) here https://www.seatcupra.net/forums/th...d-lost-mib1-card-solution.388586/post-5008005

Took backup of the existing SD card.
Deleted folder, extracted new 1910 V16 on to the SD card, swapped the "maps/EEC/EEC_WLD/OVERALL.NDS" from backup onto it.
Slipped into car slot 2. Rebooted the nav, pressed and held off button still it rebooted few times. Shows navigation data present.
Then sadly shows "Navigation database not available"
Turned car off, swapped to slot 1, reads the card shows nav data present, then same message "Navigation database not available"

Is there an incremental update i need to do, via seat site it shows 1730, but the link is dead from their site "https://seatmapdownloads.akamaized.net/EU1/EU1_STD_1730.zip"

Any assistance would be good. Thanks.

Tell

Staff member
Quick one.
Have the MIB2 (6P0), believe its version 1410. Leon ST.
What is the best route to upgrade maps on this. Tried the VW Maps (ECE 1 2023 6.7 Gb) here https://www.seatcupra.net/forums/th...d-lost-mib1-card-solution.388586/post-5008005

Took backup of the existing SD card.
Deleted folder, extracted new 1910 V16 on to the SD card, swapped the "maps/EEC/EEC_WLD/OVERALL.NDS" from backup onto it.
Slipped into car slot 2. Rebooted the nav, pressed and held off button still it rebooted few times. Shows navigation data present.
Then sadly shows "Navigation database not available"
Turned car off, swapped to slot 1, reads the card shows nav data present, then same message "Navigation database not available"

Is there an incremental update i need to do, via seat site it shows 1730, but the link is dead from their site "https://seatmapdownloads.akamaized.net/EU1/EU1_STD_1730.zip"

Any assistance would be good. Thanks.
It doesn't need to be done incrementally. Your original NDS file should be good enough which you overwrite onto the new download. You do it on slot1, which is the map slot.

Any Mac OS involved ?. That can lead to issues. CleanMyDrive is run on the SD card once the images is on it. Saying that there are more issues with the mib2 high and people not using CleanMyDrive than on the standard unit, but quess the rubbish that Mac's put on files they could upset the unit.

There was a reported issue once on one release of the SD card where it was released without Mapcare being active. In that case you used the version on the update rather than the original... that was on a Spanish board I read that. Very specific to the year of release.

Normally any release before the release you are on will work. I was sending someone back to the year dot one on the resource section of lost and found. Tab top left. That didnt work for them but a later release did. Thats on the thread. Ofcourse you dont know whether it was that or a fumbled process on the one on the thread. Normally the year dot solution for the NDS file works.

The Seat year dot of Mib2 Standard on Seat is this:

That NDS file should / will work with all subsequent releases all things being equal, if not we have to find one just before yours. I'd try that first if it's not a Mac issue. Then I'll go thru the thread when the fix all solution didn't work.

You find out your original release of the SD card you are on by what is printed on it. If you put a photo up that will clear that up whether 1410 or not.

I reckon the issue with this one was a Windows 11 format.

Never reformat the card, just delete what is on it. Windows 11 format on that managed to hash the card. Recent reports show that formatting these cards rather than a simple delete damages them. In that instance, you need to buy a new card as per the conversation. That's another thing to check.

Last edited:

rctempire

Jun 20, 2022
It doesn't need to be done incrementally. Your original NDS file should be good enough which you overwrite onto the new download. You do it on slot1, which is the map slot.

Any Mac OS involved ?. That can lead to issues. CleanMyDrive is run on the SD card once the images is on it. Saying that there are more issues with the mib2 high and people not using CleanMyDrive than on the standard unit, but quess the rubbish that Mac's put on files they could upset the unit.

There was a reported issue once on one release of the SD card where it was released without Mapcare being active. In that case you used the version on the update rather than the original... that was on a Spanish board I read that. Very specific to the year of release.

Normally any release before the release you are on will work. I was sending someone back to the year dot one on the resource section of lost and found. Tab top left. That didnt work for them but a later release did. Thats on the thread. Ofcourse you dont know whether it was that or a fumbled process on the one on the thread. Normally the year dot solution for the NDS file works.

The Seat year dot of Mib2 Standard on Seat is this:

That NDS file should / will work with all subsequent releases all things being equal, if not we have to find one just before yours. I'd try that first if it's not a Mac issue. Then I'll go thru the thread when the fix all solution didn't work.

You find out your original release of the SD card you are on by what is printed on it. If you put a photo up that will clear that up whether 1410 or not.

I reckon the issue with this one was a Windows 11 format.

Never reformat the card, just delete what is on it. Windows 11 format on that managed to hash the card. Recent reports show that formatting these cards rather than a simple delete damages them. In that instance, you need to buy a new card as per the conversation. That's another thing to check.
Hi Tell

Good to know, have the original NDS, restored the whole card and plugged into slot2 of the car, recognised and booted navi straight away. Will use slot 1 from now on.

No Mac OS, so can discount that for now.

Dont believe i had map care at all, just straight downloaded from seat before (only did one update away back in dec 2019). Is there a away to check for "map care?"

Downloading that file now, says 2 hours left.

SD Card has the following print on the front. Seat Navigation Europa 1 (V8) & Europe 1 (V8), below this says 6P0.919.866 AK
SD Card has the following imprinting on the back. ATP, TAML0-19070035, AF 16GSD3, 1B132DM02T and E1928BA

Windows 10, did not format the card only replaced the whole maps folder on root directory. Then replaced the NDS from the backup over-writing that file only.

Thanks again

Tell

Staff member
Hi Tell

Good to know, have the original NDS, restored the whole card and plugged into slot2 of the car, recognised and booted navi straight away. Will use slot 1 from now on.

No Mac OS, so can discount that for now.

Dont believe i had map care at all, just straight downloaded from seat before (only did one update away back in dec 2019). Is there a away to check for "map care?"

Downloading that file now, says 2 hours left.

SD Card has the following print on the front. Seat Navigation Europa 1 (V8) & Europe 1 (V8), below this says 6P0.919.866 AK
SD Card has the following imprinting on the back. ATP, TAML0-19070035, AF 16GSD3, 1B132DM02T and E1928BA

Windows 10, did not format the card only replaced the whole maps folder on root directory. Then replaced the NDS from the backup over-writing that file only.

Thanks again
I will wait to see how it goes for you before looking further. Mapcare is on all the SD cards and units. The story is that it was left off one year which meant the workaround didn't work. I think they went one year back and it worked. That was on a Spanish board. There was only one instance posted here that looked like that issue as to why the workaround didn't work.

Edit. Thinking about two instances. One being the one I linked to which shouldn't have worked e.g.. A new up-to-date card put in which worked. What was reported on a Spanish board was that some units were shipped by accident with life long Mapcare as FeC. In that instance you don't need to do the workaround. I'd try the Skoda download of Seat's year 1 NDS, if that doesnt work try the up-to-date download as is just in case you have life long FeCs on that unit.

Last edited:
Reactions: rctempire

rctempire

Jun 20, 2022
I will wait to see how it goes for you before looking further. Mapcare is on all the SD cards and units. The story is that it was left off one year which meant the workaround didn't work. I think they went one year back and it worked. That was on a Spanish board. There was only one instance posted here that looked like that issue as to why the workaround didn't work.

Edit. Thinking about two instances. One being the one I linked to which shouldn't have worked e.g.. A new up-to-date card put in which worked. What was reported on a Spanish board was that some units were shipped by accident with life long Mapcare as FeC. In that instance you don't need to do the workaround. I'd try the Skoda download of Seat's year 1 NDS, if that doesnt work try the up-to-date download as is just in case you have life long FeCs on that unit.

Let me get this right, got the download.
Wipe the existing card (have a backup know it works). Enter card into slot 1 on car. Reboot unit few times see what happens.
Do i need to do the OVERALL.NDS insertion or just try straight without it?

Tell

Staff member
Let me get this right, got the download.
Wipe the existing card (have a backup know it works). Enter card into slot 1 on car. Reboot unit few times see what happens.
Do i need to do the OVERALL.NDS insertion or just try straight without it?
The old release should work straight away.

Failing that the new release with the old release overall.nds from year dot.

Failing that try the new release with the overall.nds that came with it. If that one works it means your unit had the life time navigation FeCs on it. The production issue which the Spanish board said about.

Do a long hold reboot on the infotainnnent unit each time so it sees the card afresh.

Reactions: rctempire
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.