Vag-com battery codes / induction kit

lewis1984

Hi guys, I just got myself an x reg leon cupra. Very impressed. Loads of fun.
I did a vagcom check on it and came up with a couple of codes- (00532 supply voltage b+) and (00668 battery power voltage supply terminal 30) I then realised i have no idea what that means lol. Has anyone seen these b4?
Also I have a miltec cat back, an audi s3 dv and stage 1 remap. Which all came with the car However it still has the standard air filter. Iv read a lot of contradicting threads about induction kits and was wondering if anyone has a similar spec to mine with a kit 2 and if there happy with it. Thanx guys.
sorry bout the massive essay

Phillc

Love is....Yellow
Apr 23, 2007
Pershore, worcestershire
Hello and welcome to the site, i have had similar codes after disconnecting the battery, if you put the code and vagcom into google it should tell you the problems air filter wise i have the neuspeed air filter with the surround which is good a lot of others go with the smoothed oe air box and a performance panel filter really its what ever floats your boat, i would keep away from the ones that go down to behind the bumper as they sit very low and if you go through water bad thing could happen.

lewis1984

Oh also there seems to be an extra pipe which leads into the standard air box. not sure what it is. If I was to get an induction kit, what should i do with the pipe?

Phillc

Love is....Yellow
Apr 23, 2007
Pershore, worcestershire
Its for the secondary air pump its for imissions, when you start the car in the morning it pumps warm air into the air box ( or sucks it from the air box something like that,, you can put asmall air filter on it or most air filter kits come with a fixing for it.

"Thanks, i'll do that. Nice looking engine bay there :) "
Thanks, it will look a bit better soon as i have just ordered the Tip, water and boost hoses:D
You have the same reg Cupra as mine i take it its got the leather and all the nice extras.

lewis1984

what's the extra pipe into the standard airbox

I have an LC and I was just wondering what the extra pipe into the standard airbox is/does?:redface:
And also what to do with it when upgrading to an induction kit. Im sure its obvious but im new to leon and the only car ive previously modified was a classic mini lol. And there about a basic as a baked potatoe.

lewis1984

sweet. thats brill. I'll check out getting a wee filter for it. I suppose they come in a multitude of sizes so id best get the old tape out lol

DPJ

Dec 13, 2004
NN Yorks / Salento
www.seatcupra.net
Its for the secondary air pump its for imissions, when you start the car in the morning it pumps warm air into the air box ( or sucks it from the air box something like that,, you can put asmall air filter on it or most air filter kits come with a fixing for it.

"...

Sucks it from the airbox to blow into the exhaust manifold. :)

lewis1984

You dont happen to know the size of that breather, as they come in every size possible. i would't want to get the wrong 1 due to crap measurments

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise