VERY low power diagnosis EGR / exhaust / inlet manifold / Cat / other??

iammooks

Nov 27, 2018
Cleaned egr a couple of times now so pretty sure it's not that, some kind of leak seems quite likely given the state of a lot of the pipework, i have the front off now as there seemed to be significant offside damage which I why I could not attach the offside lamp properly, also can see a kinked pipe underneath I presume as a result of offside contact from the front, and what looks like some radiator damage? Wondering cheapest way to get road legal, although mot said only power steering hose leak(which I cannot find) and insecure headlamp, as the problems at the front (also have to fix binding on the rear wheels but waiting for another wind back tool to tackle that)
Lordy.

iammooks

Nov 27, 2018
Just as a summary for this thread in case anyone else has similar issues, cleaning out the egr and manifolds and replacing the turbo and a damaged gasket seemed to solve the problem.

These cars are so sensitive when it comes to boost leaks - especially where flat mating surfaces are concerned.

It that gasket is damaged or this bolt is slightly too loose, the car's going to make sure you know about it, and it's going to be the bolt that you scraped your knuckles trying to get to, because they all scrape your knuckles, or the one that's super hard to get to, because they're all hard to get to.

I hate the EGR to EGR cooler pipe bolts. The engineer who came up with that doesn't deserve to call themselves an engineer and they can go **** themselves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.