Want another 130 Tdi sport as track day car

Ant FR

Feb 15, 2005
Kent
this months redline is all about weight saving and unsprung weight and that and as got loads of tips into might be woth a read for you,

eg like saving 5kg a on a wheel equals to a total of 80kg through four heels as unsprun wieght as four times the effect or sumat like that

yup read it a few times, great mag now is redline. Especially the other month as it gave me 20 free laps of the ring, so more than happy

Disco_Biscuit

Ibiza Cupra Tdi PD200
Jul 8, 2007
What i never really understand is trying to get an Ibiza TDi as light as posibble with that heavy old lump up front to do track days with?

Why not just get a car thats designed for the track in the first place like i did ;)

joop200789

Jul 5, 2009
Barnsly
yup read it a few times, great mag now is redline. Especially the other month as it gave me 20 free laps of the ring, so more than happy

best gerneral mag about at the minute in my opioion and there was a good issuse all about tyres not long back if you saw it

Ant FR

Feb 15, 2005
Kent
What i never really understand is trying to get an Ibiza TDi as light as posibble with that heavy old lump up front to do track days with?

Why not just get a car thats designed for the track in the first place like i did ;)

because i done that before with the minis which were totally track focused and fun, but the giggle from the diesel is doing something others think you should'nt, besides i've tried my mates R400 caterham and its fun but not my thing. i always have and always will prefer the less direct route thats different to everyone else and there still are'nt many diesels, but after sitting up the ass of a Boxster S at the ring last weekend i now know what i want to do.

antnee

Cos you get good mpg :D

tris

The Daddy
Feb 25, 2005
Kent & Track Days
www.leoncupra.net
The tdi is a good car on track just look at Difts he was as quick as mine when it was stage1 all tho I had a bit more weight on board;)
plus you will still see high 20's/30's mpg unlike low teens and some tracks 7mpg :cry:

Ant FR

Feb 15, 2005
Kent
What a ridiculous answer, with all that money and time invested in building and setting up a track car do you think mpg really comes into the equation?

that will set me back about 4500 in total, and yes if you do as many laps on the ring as i do, fuel economy does come into it. In my mini i could get about 4 maybe 5 laps to a tank, in the cupra i was going not much slower and getting about 12 laps to a tank:D

antnee

What a ridiculous answer, with all that money and time invested in building and setting up a track car do you think mpg really comes into the equation?

Alright calm down, only a little bit of fun!

TDi's can't be that bad if they are winning in the WTCC, (well Leman too but for different reasons)

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.