Weitec Rear Shocks...

Kyle Townend

Dec 3, 2005
Heard good things about this company, however when reading the description for their rear shocks, this bit confused me, any ideas what it means?

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Many dampers with grooved ring adjustable spring plates on the rear axle for fine tuning your ride height. See notes

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kyle Townend

Dec 3, 2005
Sorry for being an idiot, but it reads as if this can finely tune your ride height.

I thought the springs dictated this, not the shocks?

Kyle Townend

Dec 3, 2005
stoneyfordNI said:
yes , but the springs sit on this collars , thus u can adjust the height

ahhh. its all soooo clear now :D

Would these need adjusting before fitting, or could they be done while on the car?

matt_s

4 8 15 16 23 42
Dec 23, 2004
stoneyfordNI said:
just threaded tubes , like all rear coilover kits for our cars

It's not quite like that. There's a series of groves, not a thread so you get 5 set choices of height rather than constant adjustment through a range. A clip goes into the groove and the collar sits on it. When I had a Weitec kit on my old car it works out that the middle groove is the stated drop and then you get 5 or 10mm either up or down so you can get the look you want or compensate for heavy stuff in the boot..

Kyle Townend

Dec 3, 2005
md078 said:
It's not quite like that. There's a series of groves, not a thread so you get 5 set choices of height rather than constant adjustment through a range. A clip goes into the groove and the collar sits on it. When I had a Weitec kit on my old car it works out that the middle groove is the stated drop and then you get 5 or 10mm either up or down so you can get the look you want or compensate for heavy stuff in the boot..

Awesome, this is just what i need as the rear seems to sit high with my Koni springs with std shocks.

Cant wait till payday :D

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise