Well thats it then! (Pics of the new ride inside)

__B3NNY__

OEM with a 'Twist'
May 5, 2005
Oxford
Well I never thought see the day where I`d be writing this :-(

After 3 years of pleasant`ish ownership I`ve just waved her off, shes gone to a good home I belive with him being a car enthusiast.

Just like to say what a GREAT forum this has been! Got me out of a few dodgy issues I had with the car aswell as save me a fair few pennies and expanding my knowledge on the way.

Ive asked him to sign up on the forum so I'm hoping he will.

So onwards and upwards onto bikes and sofas!

The mrs is thinking of getting a new beetle so ill be making sure its a 1.8T (remapped;)) so ill be sure to check back if I need any advice.

Laters guys happy driving! :wave:

Last edited:

cupramillo

The "Red Baron"
Feb 24, 2008
South London
Shame to see you sell her after all the hard work. My favourite mk3 by far, and with mine being a red one also, your car was/is a target of what id like to achieve with mine. Atleast its gone to a good home, thats the main thing.

All the best :)

Mat

shame to see it go! he best look after it! probably the best paintwork i've ever seen on a cupra! (not to mention a decent performance list ;))

Feb 25, 2007
cheshire
yeah shame to see it go but u should get a decent sofa with the money lol, if you dont mind me asking wot did it go for?

__B3NNY__

OEM with a 'Twist'
May 5, 2005
Oxford
Hes only living 20minutes down the road so im sure to see it about, plus he talking of moving to the area!

I had a figure in my head of 6k, but let it go fo 5.9k i thought it was a decent price considering the prices of cupras at the moment. Although it did owe me alot more but thats the world of modding!

air121005

Sep 28, 2006
Worcestershire
:(.....sorry to hear your leaving the SEAT fold David.

your MK.3 Cupra was a fantastic example and a credit to your hard work :clap:

look forward to hearing what mods happen to the beetle ;)

Riko

MURDER WAGON
Jun 10, 2007
Milton Keynes
Well dude at least you let her go on a high!
Only could've gone BT and as we've seen in the past, it can bring all the tears and bad memories with doing it.
Certainly produced one of the best examples the uk has seen.

btw if i see you driving a Honda 90 'step-through' with a shopping basket on the front, you can be assured I'll stick a branch through your spokes... :ban: :lol:

Oct 2, 2006
Well dude at least you let her go on a high!
Only could've gone BT and as we've seen in the past, it can bring all the tears and bad memories with doing it.

btw if i see you driving a Honda 90 'step-through' with a shopping basket on the front, you can be assured I'll stick a branch through your spokes... :ban: :lol:

LOL at Riko about the Honda 90 step-through comment.

All the best David with your new pad and buying of a nice motorbike mate.

You have always been helpful with any advice I have ever needed about these cars, like some people have already mentioned your car will be missed on here as it is also one of my favourite MK3 Cupras on here too. :)

__B3NNY__

OEM with a 'Twist'
May 5, 2005
Oxford

Lol, no i dont think it will be one of those! Im hoping to look at a movistar cbr600rr rep this weekend if its still for sale.

Thanks for the comments guys, certinatly took me a fair bit of time effort and money to get her from std to the way she looked when i sold her.

Im hoping that dale is going to log on to see what a good car he has actully bought! lol.

turbo009

Red Lightning
Jun 15, 2008
Grimsby North East Lincs
All the best Ben and nice too here this is your 2nd home so i know your not leaving us lol
We still remain one big happy family lol

Shame your pride and joy gone but from what you was saying im sure the new guy will look after her and keep us all updated like you did :)

Post pictures of your bike when you get it

Mat

Name is Dave actually ;) just has a stupid/misleading username (like matner - which is actually rich, but his username is his surname lol)

Dan Cupra R

The Yellow Sub
May 2, 2006
Reading
Dave mate take care, been on some good road trips. Shame you never made the pod when I did. Take care mate im sure we'll meet again one day, you will be back.......;)

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.