Wet Windows Fixed!!!!!

jimmst212

Hi all,

Had major problems with my new seat since I picked it up last month. However, Nidd Vale in Harrogate have fixed the wet window problem.

It took a couple of visits and the usual fobbing off (in fact a service guy yesterday tried to tell me that my Bluetooth dropped connection due to a lack of satellite signal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

The point being that the Nidd Vale service manager contacted SEAT technical and they told him how to fix it under warranty (I suspect a fuc***g large amount of silicon is involved),

Windows are bone dry.

The car is back with the dealer to fix the other faults so I will let you know how that goes. (Second visit to fix the seatbelt pre tensioner rattle and dash rattle).

Keep up the good work everyone.

Jim

JonoUK

Apr 29, 2007
North Yorkshire
Isn't it annoying when people try to tell you something that's blatantly wrong?
Glad you got it fixed. If mine has the problem and dealer can't fix it properly at least I know of somewhere where they CAN fix it.

CupraDaft

Jun 8, 2002
Scotland
Visit site
Mmmmn sounds good. I need to do something that is for sure but my dealer just wanted to cut the rubbers at the bottom so that the water could drain out which I wasn't keen on.

CupraDaft

Jun 8, 2002
Scotland
Visit site
Think it was Wurzel who also managed to get his fixed by the dealer.

The other thing that annoys me is just how much rubbish goes down the windows. I was parked under trees one night last week and it was a really stormy night and lots of seed stuffcame down and got trapped between the glass and the rubbers. Some of it I couldn't get out and it inevitably went down when the window went down. That can't be right can it? Didn't happen in my MK3 Cupra that was for sure. I think the top window rubbers are badly designed.

mode

Apr 27, 2007
North Wales
When you say wet windows you mean on the inside? Does this happen all the time or when the window has been lowered and then raised?

mode

Apr 27, 2007
North Wales
One last question could this affect all the windows or just say the drivers one? Not had much rain since i biught the car last month !!,

jimmst212

In my case it was the front part (by the wing mirrors) of both front windows. I can confirm 100% that Nidd Vale knows how to fix this issue. I can also confirm that Seat UK know how to fix it as it was these guys who informed Nidd Vale how to do it.

For anyone near Harrogate or even willing to travel, you can contact them on 01423 500005. Stand your ground and let them know that you know what you’re on about.

I just picked up my car and they told me they couldn’t hear the alleged rattle!!!! Hmmmmmmmmm a little test drive later and low and behold of the mechanics heard it.

He also let it slip that the SEAT guy is constantly on the phone asking for fixes to various rattles, wet windows and other common faults.

Seat does know about these faults.

Hope it goes well for everyone. I’m still trying to get all the problems with my Leon sorted, its a shame because this is essentially an excellent car.

Good Luck.

Jim

TXOSBI

I've just had a call from Seat customer services to say that there is no 'fix' available yet from Seat technical services, it is still down as a fault they are investigating.

I've been waiting since day 1 back in August, I guess I'm going to have to be more patient!

They said that the nidd vale 'fix' was just something the garage tried and they weren't sure of the success. Am I being fobbed off?

wurzel

Jun 2, 2003
East Anglia
Visit site
Think it was Wurzel who also managed to get his fixed by the dealer.

The other thing that annoys me is just how much rubbish goes down the windows. I was parked under trees one night last week and it was a really stormy night and lots of seed stuffcame down and got trapped between the glass and the rubbers. Some of it I couldn't get out and it inevitably went down when the window went down. That can't be right can it? Didn't happen in my MK3 Cupra that was for sure. I think the top window rubbers are badly designed.

Scary... someone remembers my posts ;)

Yeah, I've had mine fixed, no more wet windows (well not that I've noticed recently) and no wet carpets! I think it involved new seals & a truck load of silicon.

I still have a dash rattle but either drive faster or turn music up, I'll get it sorted eventually when I work out how to get the radio out, tried as per instructions on here but thought I was going to snap it, can't see me being able to claim for a broken radio under warranty!

I've got a squeaky seat now too, think its cos I've drunk too much beer since becoming single :whistle:

r30lac

Jan 12, 2007
West Yorkshire
guys I am being a little bit thick here. OK alot thick.

After it has rained are the windows dry when they go down? I do get wet streaks on the outside, when they were dry before. If I put them down after it has rained or I have washed the car they do come up wet on the outside.

Could someone please explain in simple terms.

I know what you mean about the guys from Niddvalde.....[:@]

Tam

Santa in disguise :)
Feb 10, 2005
Near Reevo :)
When it has rained (or you wash your car) - when you wind the windows down, then wind them up again the windows are WET on the INSIDE!!!

And because there is no wind blowing on the inside of the car when you drive it, it dries streaky/dirty/smeary.

r30lac

Jan 12, 2007
West Yorkshire
When it has rained (or you wash your car) - when you wind the windows down, then wind them up again the windows are WET on the INSIDE!!!

And because there is no wind blowing on the inside of the car when you drive it, it dries streaky/dirty/smeary.

cheers Tam. I don't seem to get that.

r30lac

Jan 12, 2007
West Yorkshire
I don't really seem to have any issues with the car. I must have a midweek car. (Shouldn't have said that, I will be punished now)

TXOSBI

Wet Windows Fixed (Official SEAT Fix)

I've just had a call from SEAT customer services to say that SEAT technical have now released an official fix for the wet windows problem!!:D!!

Its only taken 11 months!! (I've had the problem from day 1)

My car is in for its 10K service on July 17th, I'll update with results after then.

Hopefully all will be OK.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members