What does you car suck on? (The Induction Kit War)

big eck

Aug 11, 2005
Falkirk, Scotland
I have a smoothed and drilled airbox with the green cotton panel filter, makes nice noises and the 007p dv is a bit louder but not as loud as I hoped it would have been :(

tinner

Anyone know where i can get a green cotton filter from?

Hi guys, anyone know where i can get a green cotton filter for my lcr??:help:

blackcupra180

Aug 4, 2009
fife
correct me if im wrong but do not all the big race teams ie formula one and nascar etc etc run with k&n which would suggest that k&n is the best. I know that different cars different mods will effect power gains from certain kits but this is my attitude towards them

wayne lcr

bored of it now
Mar 5, 2009
doncaster
tried pipercross,k&n and at the min iam on bmc but the kn was louder than bmc but only just bought it been on a month got it at the rite money so thought id give it a go

zzapp

I have a smoothed and drilled airbox with pipercross panel filter.. works fine for me :)

cupra_ahhh

Nov 4, 2008
Tonbridge, Kent
I'm using a performance panel filter in the original stock box.

I bought myself a K&N 57i induction kit thingy, sounded best on the motorway, almost like a jet engine. anyway, with the K&N the car felt hesitant, spongy, lumpy and just lazy really, so changed back to panel filter.

Last edited:

s1l3nc3r

ASBO car.
Jun 30, 2008
essex
I'm using a performance panel filter in the original stock box.

I bought myself a K&N 57i induction kit thingy, sounded best on the motorway, almost like a jet engine. anyway, with the K&N the car felt hesitant, spongy, lumpy and just lazy really, so changed back to panel filter.

k&n arn't very maf friendly as they are very oiled.

Kalel

Pipercross Velocity-Sounds awesome improves the throttle response & looks sh*thot

hine81

does it sound louder with the drilled airbox ?

I've done it to mine i'll drive past one night and give a bit of a rev, but i think i'll cover the holes up its a bit to loud for my liking i don't want my car to sound the the other IDIOTS:censored: that drive (race):ban: around our lovely little town.

lil3520

IBIZA 1.9 TDI SPORT 08
Nov 26, 2006
ALCESTER, WARWICKSHIRE
I've done it to mine i'll drive past one night and give a bit of a rev, but i think i'll cover the holes up its a bit to loud for my liking i don't want my car to sound the the other IDIOTS:censored: that drive (race):ban: around our lovely little town.

sometime i will have to have a look at your drilled airbox ;)

ajay_parekh

Dec 1, 2008
i just put in an itg panel filter and i think it sounds ok not had a chance to really test it the weathers been crap, i know its not really gonna give me lots more power or anything just wondering if anyone else has one, and what they thought.

R4MSN_86CUPRA R

Jan 31, 2008
Glasgow
Had a green cotton filter on mine and to be honest a didnt feel much difference. changed to bmc a few months later and love it. sounds amazing and the whoosh noise is alot louder which i personally like. car feels alot better.

P7CKT

do'h!

just as there is no noise coming from it what so ever, and i like a bit of dumping :)

what can i do?

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.