what gear box will fit thats stronger ?? WANT RID OF MY DIFF

JJ_arosa

pretty sure the diff bolts have snapped off this would be the second time after replacing them with "tuffer" bolts, and its thrown the snapped bit through the caseing into the clutch.

spoke to star performance and he said the box aint up to handeling the power i dont realy want to fit the diff again for another set of bolts to snap off and cause more problems

so i need to know what box can handle the 360 bhp 330lbs please chaps

car still goes into gear fine with no grumbling or hesitation just p*ssed off that pelaquin dont take responsability for this!

h17och

the hunt is over. 460bhp
Sep 1, 2005
Dunstabubble
you can fit diesel boxes. but you need to get the right one.

if you need a new casing i have a set

HoocH

JJ_arosa

you can fit diesel boxes. but you need to get the right one.

if you need a new casing i have a set

HoocH

can u keep it for me then mate will know today/2moz if i need new one waiting for a garage to ring me bk to let me know when i can take it in

pj1985

1.8T Power
Oct 31, 2006
Hampshire/Surrey
Get a different diff. Seems only Peloquin have this problem but I thought that grinding the face flat and the new bolts had fixed this problem. You need a diff with the power or its pointless having it. The box should be strong enough. Are you sure the bolts have gone again?

JJ_arosa

im not 100% sure if bolts have snapped off yet, im guessing they have, seems little odd that its not just a little leak thats developed to a big leak its just a big leak and thats that lol

so my thoughts were snapped diff bolt through casing, no visual damage but cant see all way round box when its in situ.

drive shaft oil seal....think theres to much oil for it to be that ?

just need someone/garage to take box opff and have a good look

were i live there aint no tidy garages just the odd back street that rip you off with tyres lol

jivejester

Nov 29, 2007
im not 100% sure if bolts have snapped off yet, im guessing they have, seems little odd that its not just a little leak thats developed to a big leak its just a big leak and thats that lol

so my thoughts were snapped diff bolt through casing, no visual damage but cant see all way round box when its in situ.

drive shaft oil seal....think theres to much oil for it to be that ?

just need someone/garage to take box opff and have a good look

were i live there aint no tidy garages just the odd back street that rip you off with tyres lol

where in the wales you too fella, I dont mind taking a look for you.

Adam R

Diesel ISN'T a Dirty word
Mar 5, 2007
lee in the solent
are you sure your using the right quality bolts ??? bolts are made to withstand different forces, a standard M8 if i remember correctly is 8.1, but the car industry standard is 10.2..

JJ_arosa

south wales mate, il pay you to take box off for me and inspect it, i can get a new case from hooch if it has thrown a bolt through it, be a case of changing the diff to the new casing then with internals, and get the crown shavern if it aint already done

JJ_arosa

its a peliquin bill, i was under the impresion it was a quafie as it said in the advert!!

but after contacting the previous owner to the guy i bought it off (as guy i had it off was clueless) he confirmed it is a peliquin diff.

How can you buy a top spec ibiza and think the water temp on the dash is the oil temp :S lol hmmmm if he thought that then maybe he thinks you put toast in a toaster ;)

JJ_arosa

rite my car is goin to gear change in somerset as it may be under warrenty as they fitted the box and diff 4 months ago.
if they pull box apart and it aint then im still goin to get thekm to do the work as its there.

what do i need to do? make sure the crown wheel has been ground down flush?

and what bolts do u recomend using ?

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.