what gear box will fit thats stronger ?? WANT RID OF MY DIFF

JJ_arosa

This is only if the bolts are at fault or they didnt do it before.

when it happend last time, jabba supplied new diff fitting kit think the paper work said 45.00 ??

the crown has not had any work done to it that i know of or the garage that re-built last gear box.

all gears are fine, no whining or gringing, oil comming out the top of the fly wheel were the rubber bung goes, so it must be a hole inside the casing causing the oil to fill into the flywheel and then getting thrown out via flywheel spinning?? thats my thoughts anyway, seeings as it happend once b4 why wunt it again as the crown aint been modified.

so is it a simple case of grinding it flush? then refit the diff with tuff bolts ?

or is there anything else i need to tell garage thats doin it to look out for ?

pj1985

1.8T Power
Oct 31, 2006
Hampshire/Surrey
The £45 is probably for the stronger bolts if they were from Jabba. Should have been ground flat back then to stop it happening again. As long as there is no other damage it should be grind flat, fitt with the stronger bolts and it should be ok. Either that or get a diff that doesnt suffer from this problem.

JJ_arosa

not 100% yet mate, prob keep it for a bit but if i get what i give for it id let it go
went out in my mates 400bhp evo 8 and loved it so think thats next on the list

JJ_arosa

and.....?
i may keep it depends if i see a nice evo 8 for around 12k
longest iv owned a car for is 12 months and that was my 106 gti
aint had a car yet and thought "il keep this one for few years"

dont get me wrong the cupra i have now is mint and very very fast just never been in a evo befor untill few days ago and i liked it :)

so much grip just felt like it was on rails going through the twisties

steven878

Jan 2, 2009
think of the service bills and if anything goes wrong its always over a grand to sort, know a guy with a grey mr340 and he destroyed a exedy twin plate clutch in 1500 miles. cost alot of money to sort, you will be lucky to get 20mpg and unless your 30 with 6 kids and do 1000 miles a year in it the insurance will be around 2000-3000 a year

pj1985

1.8T Power
Oct 31, 2006
Hampshire/Surrey
and.....?
i may keep it depends if i see a nice evo 8 for around 12k
longest iv owned a car for is 12 months and that was my 106 gti
aint had a car yet and thought "il keep this one for few years"

dont get me wrong the cupra i have now is mint and very very fast just never been in a evo befor untill few days ago and i liked it :)

so much grip just felt like it was on rails going through the twisties

Id have thought you would have wanted to be in it abit longer than a few weeks though. Evos are nice and tempting. Its the bills that come with them that I dont like. Friend of mine has a 360 MR and servicing and part costs are almost laughable but he loves it and its more practical than the exige he had before so he doesnt mind.

JJ_arosa

i dont mind running costs eitha mate, my mate just had a 2.3 stroker kit fitted to his and a alloy inlet manifold and other little bits and bobbs cost him 10k for that, hes getting a gt 40/42 think he said next wants to see 650bhp

id be happy with a 400bhp evo 8 for the time being lol

steven878

Jan 2, 2009
would be a slower car though and didn't you get rid of your silver ibiza for more power?
evo with 400bhp=285bhp per ton
ibiza with 366bhp=327bhp per ton

gazcuprablk

my 300+ death box :)
Mar 31, 2006
south wales
youd be happy with an evo m8 but not when you get a modded cupra or somethin similer go past i love wiping the smile off evo/scooby owners faces in my little red rocket lol. been thinkin of gettin a diff for mine so by the looks on it get a quaife 1 over the others is this right?

steven878

Jan 2, 2009
slower untill the bends i agree

yeah true mate evos are great fun on twisty roads, i mean track:D
but every old man has one. and to get the car too 380bhp will cost around 4k then if you want 450bhp your looking at an extra 10k.
have you had any insurance quotes on one?

pj1985

1.8T Power
Oct 31, 2006
Hampshire/Surrey
youd be happy with an evo m8 but not when you get a modded cupra or somethin similer go past i love wiping the smile off evo/scooby owners faces in my little red rocket lol. been thinkin of gettin a diff for mine so by the looks on it get a quaife 1 over the others is this right?

Quaife seems a safer bet imo

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise