what have you done to your car today ?

Connor H

Dec 19, 2019
Essex
Rear ARB fitted!

Softest setting for now until i get a feel for the new handling limits. Immediate vibe is feeling MUCH more planted on heavy cornering and in general, i have a sweeping corner near me i use to test each upgrade/change to the handling, so far my limit has been 65mph around it before feeling like the car is unstable. Just breeezed round it at 65 no problem, noice says i.

and gears feel much better so even though i broke the cable connector it was all worth it lol.

Good friday vibes

Gokiwi64

Geriatric Member
Apr 26, 2014
Hockley, Essex
I have mine set to hard on extended drop links and have chinesiumditchfinders#27 on the back and very sticky fronts........its entertaining for the brief few times i've been out

• Haha
Reactions: Connor H

Manic172

https://m.facebook.com/ManicMotorsport1
Dec 4, 2018
Hemel hempstead
www.seatcupra.net
20210122_134206.jpg

Dash turned up today... its got loads of wires ..... to many wires lol

MoToJoJo

Mar 25, 2014
Northants
Now this is something I'd like to know more about...

In all my time driving, I've never locked the brakes - do you need ABS and how hard is it to take out?

Not trying hard enough ?

Modern ABS is awesome, hard to beat by all but the best.

The ABS on the Mk1 Leons cycles pretty slowly so with a decent feeling manual system you can outperform it. Also the RHD setup makes servicing it an utter pain.

Switching to a bias box is simple enough to do but sizing the master cylinders can be an adventure.

iammooks

Nov 27, 2018
Think you need to keep the abs fitted if you want it to pass its mot next time.

It sounds like a beautiful mod - taking out one component and making the system simpler - but I think you'd be right there - as far as I know, they look for the ABS lights when you turn the ignition and I doubt they'd believe that a car like this doesn't have ABS as standard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MoToJoJo

Mar 25, 2014
Northants
It sounds like a beautiful mod - taking out one component and making the system simpler - but I think you'd be right there - as far as I know, they look for the ABS lights when you turn the ignition and I doubt they'd believe that a car like this doesn't have ABS as standard.

"It’s not permissible to remove or disable the ABS from a vehicle first used on or after 1 January 2010. Not all vehicles first used on or after 1 January 2010 will have ABS, so the failure only applies where the system has obviously been removed."

Taken from Gov.uk mot site

Of course, you can't just pull the fuse, if it's fitted it has to work.

Last edited:
Reactions: iammooks

iammooks

Nov 27, 2018
"It’s not permissible to remove or disable the ABS from a vehicle first used on or after 1 January 2010. Not all vehicles first used on or after 1 January 2010 will have ABS, so the failure only applies where the system has obviously been removed."

Taken from Gov.uk mot site

Of course, you can't just pull the fuse, if it's fitted it has to work.

Would be nice just to simplify things - traction control, for example, is a pain. The other day I pulled out from a junction and the wheels slipped a bit because I was on a weird angle - the road angled diagonally to the right, slightly downhill, and I was turning left up a hill. I was expecting a little slip but the car cut power to the wheels. I'd already dipped the clutch to account for it and when I went to get on the gas, I still didn't have power because the traction control light was still flashing. If there'd been more traffic I could have been in real trouble.

ABS I've had go off randomly on some really strange road surfaces, so I don't trust that much either...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thai-wronghorse

Self proclaimed Cupra R addict & butcher!
Dec 3, 2015
Kent
The ESP was doing my head in when I took mine out for a blast in the wet the other day so ended up switching it off.
Only thing is in the back of my mind I kept thinking it needs to be on incase I have to slam on the anchors.
I just wish it wasn't so obtrusive FFS!

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: iammooks