what have you done to your car today ?

welshy46

Dec 6, 2015
Maanchestorr
I need banning from ebay for abusing my bank balance, also for upgrading one part only then needing to fix something else I broke in the process. Went and fitted a Cupra R fuel pump earlier only to break the clip on the power plug for the pump. Then when I tried to start the car, nothing. Put my old pump back in, aand nothing. Turns out for erm reasons the fuel pump fuse blew. Now I have no fog lights till I buy another 15 amp fuse. And I still need to refit the Cupr R fuel pump.

Reactions: Rich.T

Rich.T

Feb 15, 2020
I need banning from ebay for abusing my bank balance, also for upgrading one part only then needing to fix something else I broke in the process. Went and fitted a Cupra R fuel pump earlier only to break the clip on the power plug for the pump. Then when I tried to start the car, nothing. Put my old pump back in, aand nothing. Turns out for erm reasons the fuel pump fuse blew. Now I have no fog lights till I buy another 15 amp fuse. And I still need to refit the Cupr R fuel pump.
Sounds like a case of, if it aint broke......
Been there many a time.

iammooks

Nov 27, 2018
If it ain't broke, fix it until it is.

After fitting new boot struts (not quite as smooth, but definitely stronger) to stop the tapping sound, I also moved one of the bike carriers on the roof rack to the other side, and on my last trip I couldn't hear the tapping anymore.

I wish I knew which it was, because it sucks not knowing what did it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

welshy46

Dec 6, 2015
Maanchestorr
In an effort to ignore @Rich.T advice :p I've ordered an uprated fuel pump and a new fuel filter. Pray to which ever Deity you believe in for me to not to immolate myself trying to install them.
As for my ongoing limp mod issues I've got some little blue pills for that... oh wait no. After changing multiple parts I'm thinking the issue might be a dodgy thermostat. While the temp gauge is reading just below half way mark, the LUFI digital thing-a-me jig I bought says my water temp is rising to 103c when left standing.

• Haha

bruceR

Apr 11, 2005
Monifieth, Dundee
Boredom and lightbulb effect had me play about with fonts on excel………
0e0371c3ef5cabc5d8510febbd336de2.jpg

g60stu

Feb 9, 2003
Reading
Done a VCDS scan. Got this fault:

16955 - Brake Switch (F)
P0571 - 35-00 - Implausible Signal

Confirmed that I have no brakes lights (or an occasional flicker at best). Smuggly opened glove box and pulled out a brand new genuine brake light switch. Its been in the glove box as a spare since 2014!! Guess I have an unplanned job to to tomorrow. Leon life!

Daveb77

Mar 19, 2008
got the SKODA FABIA conversion think that's the FABIA 2 conversion not 100%

example
thread dig up soz folks but can someone please confirm if i order as per link it will fit 2004 Cupra R?
Cheers,
D

Reactions: welshy46

welshy46

Dec 6, 2015
Maanchestorr
thread dig up soz folks but can someone please confirm if i order as per link it will fit 2004 Cupra R?
Cheers,
D
Hi Dave about late on response. I recently fitted new wipers to mine. I thought the MK4 golf would be same as Leon, fronts were ok but the rear wiper on the Leon has a bend in the arm and it's different to the golf. You'd be better than off going to a motor factors and getting one.

Sent from my Redmi Note 6 Pro using Tapatalk

welshy46

Dec 6, 2015
Maanchestorr
@Daveb77 Hi Dave a bit late on response. I recently fitted new wipers to mine. I thought the MK4 golf would be same as Leon, fronts were ok but the rear wiper on the Leon has a bend in the arm and it's different to the golf. The Skoda one looks different again. You'd be better than off going to a motor factors and getting one.

Sent from my Redmi Note 6 Pro using Tapatalk

BadBoy03

A Mk1 Is For Life, Not Just For Fun
Sep 6, 2016
Somerset
My car sadly needs a new clutch and I've been quoted £1050.00! I am in turmoil as I can't bare to part with my car but I seriously have to think about other options before progressing. I can't imagine driving anything else so really peed off today. :(

Scotty_b

Leon Cupra 300R
Jun 3, 2004
Hertfordshire
My car sadly needs a new clutch and I've been quoted £1050.00! I am in turmoil as I can't bare to part with my car but I seriously have to think about other options before progressing. I can't imagine driving anything else so really peed off today. :(

What else could you buy for £1k? I’d say get it done if it’s the only issue as that will last you the same miles again.

Reactions: BadBoy03