what have you done to your car today ?

Rich.T

Feb 15, 2020
My car sadly needs a new clutch and I've been quoted £1050.00! I am in turmoil as I can't bare to part with my car but I seriously have to think about other options before progressing. I can't imagine driving anything else so really peed off today. :(
Shop around m8.
I had mine done at a decent local garage with LUK clutch n flywheel ets for about £850 if memory serves.

Reactions: BadBoy03

g60stu

Feb 9, 2003
Reading
Took the car for a pamper day (remap) down at Badger 5. Picked up a few ponies.;)
Engine with standard map and hardware mods was showing 245bhp and 245ft-lb torque.
Its now mapped to 283bhp, torque limited to under 300ft-lb. All seems healthy and no dramas. Very impressed with 3rd and 4th gear acceleration on the way home. :cool:
Now its time to stop spending money.... err... maybe after I get some better brake pads.....that'll be the last thing, honest!!

IMG_1846_edit.jpg

Rich.T

Feb 15, 2020
What bolt ons have you got on there?
Are you happy with the results and how it drives now?

g60stu

Feb 9, 2003
Reading
What bolt ons have you got on there?
Are you happy with the results and how it drives now?
Milltek cat back, 3” DP and sports cat, badger 5 tip, airtec FMIC. that’s it. Everything else is stock (no deletes of any sort).
I need some more time to get used to the power. The map is boost limited in 1st/2nd but when you get into 3rd/4th it flys. Weather conditions have been dry today and roads were smooth so power went down nicely. I’m impressed.
3rd gear bumpy A road was a case of hold that steering wheel tight. Will be interesting in the wet...

Reactions: Rich.T

Rich.T

Feb 15, 2020
Just bought a private plate for the car. Think i need banning from the internet to help me save money instead of spending it.

The new number plates turned up yesterday and got confirmation emails from the reg seller firm and DVLA that the paperwork is done and i can now put them on the car.
I only purchased it last Thursday!
Got the day off work tomorrow so will stick em on then.

Rich

Rich.T

Feb 15, 2020
Milltek cat back, 3” DP and sports cat, badger 5 tip, airtec FMIC. that’s it. Everything else is stock (no deletes of any sort).
I need some more time to get used to the power. The map is boost limited in 1st/2nd but when you get into 3rd/4th it flys. Weather conditions have been dry today and roads were smooth so power went down nicely. I’m impressed.
3rd gear bumpy A road was a case of hold that steering wheel tight. Will be interesting in the wet...
No cone air filter?
How long did it all take to do?
Going to get mine done later this year.

Gokiwi64

Geriatric Member
Apr 26, 2014
Hockley, Essex
One day once i've robbed a bank, found pirate treasure, won the lottery , maybe I will take a pilgrimage to Bill's (he'll have retired by the time I get up there knowing my luck)

• Haha
Reactions: g60stu

iammooks

Nov 27, 2018
Trial fitted new vin cover:
ca9248392e266550f2ec71c337fc7116.jpg

Will tidy the edges a bit better and put some butyl tape around it [emoji16

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I desperately need one of these - just another place for water to get through the scuttle at the moment.

Did you print this or is someone doing these?

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
Took the car for a pamper day (remap) down at Badger 5. Picked up a few ponies.;)
Engine with standard map and hardware mods was showing 245bhp and 245ft-lb torque.
Its now mapped to 283bhp, torque limited to under 300ft-lb. All seems healthy and no dramas. Very impressed with 3rd and 4th gear acceleration on the way home. :cool:
Now its time to stop spending money.... err... maybe after I get some better brake pads.....that'll be the last thing, honest!!

View attachment 24707

Good figures for standard injectors too.
Still on original fuel pump?
Nice.
Bill and co do a great job.
And drive home is always fun.

Badger5 Custom Map + TIP,
3”Custom exhaust, FMIC, Bosh 550’s, BC Coilovers, ARB’s +loads more.

bruceR

Apr 11, 2005
Monifieth, Dundee
I desperately need one of these - just another place for water to get through the scuttle at the moment.

Did you print this or is someone doing these?

Got it from this guy:

Different styles/colours as well

Reactions: iammooks

Thai-wronghorse

Self proclaimed Cupra R addict & butcher!
Dec 3, 2015
Kent
Reactions: iammooks

g60stu

Feb 9, 2003
Reading
Good figures for standard injectors too.
Still on original fuel pump?
Nice.
Bill and co do a great job.
And drive home is always fun.

Badger5 Custom Map + TIP,
3”Custom exhaust, FMIC, Bosh 550’s, BC Coilovers, ARB’s +loads more.
Yes, I was told my standard injectors are now maxxed out.
Original fuel pump. Fingers crossed it all hangs together.

Reactions: Sparkie
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise