what have you done to your car today ?

Nam-uk

May 11, 2011
lancashire.
Well fitted hella supertone horns , cleaned out washer bottle as had crap in. Few other little jobs(why do these take the longest) washed drove it while weather is nice, now it's filthy again, wash rinse drive repeat, feels like all you do with darker cars 😆
My washer bottle was that bad I ended up removing the jets , putting a hose in the bottle and running water though the system, put jets back on and did same, makes you wonder if that’s why the rear pipe falls off on some cars , don’t we’re the crap comes from , been fine since

martin j.

Feb 11, 2007
Fife
My washer bottle was that bad I ended up removing the jets , putting a hose in the bottle and running water though the system, put jets back on and did same, makes you wonder if that’s why the rear pipe falls off on some cars , don’t we’re the crap comes from , been fine since
If you mean gunge in the washer bottles and system, it can be created by a mixture of different screen washes that react to one another and also by being left in a long time unused.

Reactions: Nam-uk

Nam-uk

May 11, 2011
lancashire.
If you mean gunge in the washer bottles and system, it can be created by a mixture of different screen washes that react to one another and also by being left in a long time unused.
Didn't know that it always remined me of the Hard unfiltered water from down south, all white bits even the washer top filter was clogged up even had to remove the washer motor at front, at first i cleaned the jets even replaced them, but running water though system the crap that come out was just silly even the original jets were fine after a flush , i have read certain screen wash cause clogged jets even the tablets and they were all top brands, never had that before even with high mileage I've done over the years

martin j.

Feb 11, 2007
Fife
Seen a jelly like substance formed in the bottom of some bottles, forecourt clearance method was to stick a hose in as far as possible and flush it out whilst operating the washers.

Nam-uk

May 11, 2011
lancashire.
Seen a jelly like substance formed in the bottom of some bottles, forecourt clearance method was to stick a hose in as far as possible and flush it out whilst operating the washers.
jelly wtf lol , even mothers mk1 micra was never bad was never blocked, that's why i removed jets you could not clear it was a pain too unblock jets after that i have used a bit of washing up liquid before now just don't go mad as it can play havoc with rubber but never had an issue , best screen wash by far especially when doing allot of motorway driving due to road oil/grease.

smutts

Apr 12, 2020
Nearly all modern screenwash seem to be horrible streaky smeary stuff, same with most detergents.
My guess is the limonene that seems to be added to everything.
Lidl's used to do a fantastic screenwash detergent in a weird bottle, but it's not been seen for the last five years.
I've gone back to using a glug of ammonia in the wash bottle.
After a few days the smearing is gone.
It will be bad news if you squirt it in some ones eyes though, so mind the pedestrians & cyclists.
Aluminium trim won't like it either.

Nam-uk

May 11, 2011
lancashire.
Probably what was in bottle also before I washed the bottle out , they broke up a clay bar and put it in thinking it was a good idea at the time lol

Reactions: Alexis27

smutts

Apr 12, 2020
Don't look in your central heating header tank.
Whatever was growing in mine, was not of this world.
Trago's corrosion inhibitor will feed some bizarre life forms.

• Haha
Reactions: martin j.

Alexis27

Dec 20, 2009
Manchester
Have finally tracked down a rattle that would manifest itself when accelerating hard or downshifting - the metal bar under the scuttle panel that holds the metal pipes.
I've stuck it down underneath with sticky foam (nowhere to latch it onto with cable ties that I can see).
Has this arrangement always been just hanging loose or is it meant to be attached to something?

Attachments

• 07EEC6E1-49B7-4B0A-B4CC-59D535567BE9.png
    07EEC6E1-49B7-4B0A-B4CC-59D535567BE9.png
    763.8 KB · Views: 65

smutts

Apr 12, 2020
Fired up ELSAWIN for the suspension spring heights.
For wheel center to wheel arch above....
Fronts should be 381mm. mine were 375 & 380, close enough.
Rears? 375mm. mine were 330mm & 340mm

Yup. Shagged they be.:banghead:

Attachments

• Leon M1 Suspension Specs.pdf
    77.9 KB · Views: 64

bruceR

Apr 11, 2005
Monifieth, Dundee
Finally got all the double sided tape off the door gap seals (the body shop removed the seals prior to respray), my fingers are aching!!!
Anyway, am looking for a couple of pics from any of you nice peeps showing where the seals start & finish - the seals are the ones running from back door, up and across to front door, basically if you open both front & rear door then the seal runs along the top of door gap on body (if that makes sense!)
Cheers in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rich.T

Feb 15, 2020
No worries mate. Was being forced to sit n watch Judge Judy with my missus. Was an excuse to get out for 5 minutes. So i thank you!😄

Alexis27

Dec 20, 2009
Manchester
d36a151a7f09f7e2fcb43fdb41da31e7.jpg

e6ab29d8f667757e906b0722ecf6fefd.jpg

Please tell me I'm not the only one.

It would be fine if I hadn't lost count of the number of times I've done this.

All in all it's been a crap day. Before I hit my head, I managed to kerb my alloys - badly too. Stupid mistakes I shouldn't be making. Driving in France is fine, but I'm so focused on making sure I give way to the left that I forget that you've got to make turns differently here.

Drive down here was fine though. Engine bay smells like a WWII bomber though. Not sure if that's a bad thing or it's just now an old diesel smells.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Snap!

At least I managed to fix my sticky reverse. Turns out adjusting the gear linkages doesn't work if you're on a slope - has to be on the flat!

Attachments

• tempImageaUT0HZ.png
    tempImageaUT0HZ.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 64
Reactions: iammooks

Nam-uk

May 11, 2011
lancashire.
Bought this https://www.hydra-int.com/ehn-99.html its what is in premium fuels after getting DPB-100 which also has ehn-99 in the mix the car smoked a hell of allot less and run better using cheaper fuels i may of even had injectors blocking as i got the odd limp mode on a 16k turbo but short journeys did not help i even got limp mode backing out of garage lol but i still think its due to cheaper fuels as they have less additives, since using DPB-100 all them issues disappeared, that LT bottle will last ages as its 1mm per Lt, for example the major ingredient in Millers is 2-EHN

Last edited:

Nam-uk

May 11, 2011
lancashire.
Snap!

At least I managed to fix my sticky reverse. Turns out adjusting the gear linkages doesn't work if you're on a slope - has to be on the flat!
remove the struts and check if there ends are full of dirt stopping boot opening now and again, it did help allot also added some copper grease but i do check if fully open as it took a lump out of my head

Reactions: Alexis27