what have you done to your car today ?

MoToJoJo

Mar 25, 2014
Northants
Not done anything apart from not melt in the heat.

Did pick up an engine hoist and metalworking vice for £120 so work may actually start happening again (don't hold your breath though)

Scotty_b

Leon Cupra 300R
Jun 3, 2004
Hertfordshire
Striped my brake caliper off to find out if it’s getting fluid - it’s not…

Would a failing pump cause only 1 caliper not to work? Can only find the main distribution pump (near the air filter) would expect another bias block somewhere - any one have links to diagrams?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dazzalcr

Aug 10, 2019
Bought a upgrade brake servo hose, as you can see the old one is connected to the pipe under it, is this just a sold bit of rubber connecting them and that it's safe to cut threw to fit new one.

Attachments

• 20220802_144957.jpg
    20220802_144957.jpg
    561.8 KB · Views: 51

iammooks

Nov 27, 2018
Bought a upgrade brake servo hose, as you can see the old one is connected to the pipe under it, is this just a sold bit of rubber connecting them and that it's safe to cut threw to fit new one.
Don't quote me on this, but whenever I've changed any of these kinds of lines, I've cut into them with my folding knife to release them from the connector without risking breaking it. Those single-use clips are a pain in the backside though.

I noticed yesterday when I was trying to do the air conditioning that my engine's shaking like a... well, something really shaky. I've never changed the engine mounts before so I'm guessing that's the issue. Are the parts the same for all Leons, or does it depend on the engine? I'm guessing there are three including the dogbone?

Dazzalcr

Aug 10, 2019
Don't quote me on this, but whenever I've changed any of these kinds of lines, I've cut into them with my folding knife to release them from the connector without risking breaking it. Those single-use clips are a pain in the backside though.

I noticed yesterday when I was trying to do the air conditioning that my engine's shaking like a... well, something really shaky. I've never changed the engine mounts before so I'm guessing that's the issue. Are the parts the same for all Leons, or does it depend on the engine? I'm guessing there are three including the dogbone?
Yeah them one time clips are a pain, ill defo be taking my time, found out its just solid rubber connecting the top and bottom pipe together so safe to cut into
Erm shaking wellit could be engine mounts and yes your right 3 with dog mount, I watched a vid once on changing them it doesn't look an easy job but then no job on these is lol, saw your post about air con as stated I'm sure ur meant to empty the system and then do a pressure test before refilling it no job seems to be a small one or straight forward but all the best if you crack on with them

Reactions: iammooks

iammooks

Nov 27, 2018
Yeah them one time clips are a pain, ill defo be taking my time, found out its just solid rubber connecting the top and bottom pipe together so safe to cut into
Erm shaking wellit could be engine mounts and yes your right 3 with dog mount, I watched a vid once on changing them it doesn't look an easy job but then no job on these is lol, saw your post about air con as stated I'm sure ur meant to empty the system and then do a pressure test before refilling it no job seems to be a small one or straight forward but all the best if you crack on with them
Yep - the vacuum hoses tend to be just plain rubber with no real kind of reinforcement or anything in them. Even when they are - like fuel lines - I've never found anything I can't use a good sharp knife on.

I'm just going to give up on the air conditioning, I think. If it was a simple matter of just topping up the system, it would have been fine, but I'm not going to touch it if I could damage it.

In the end, I'd much rather spend the money on engine mounts - they're the originals after all, so could do with changing after seventeen years. I've got about a week to do them, but the biggest thing seems to be getting hold of the right parts, so I'll be doing some research on which ones are right and then watching YouTube videos before finding out that it's nowhere near as simple as they make out. Story of my life. Fingers crossed I don't end up with a car without mounts a day before driving through France though...

Rich.T

Feb 15, 2020
Anyone know if this is a standard wiper arm on my motor? The blade is shot and want to try and get a new one without any dramas.
20220802_182923.jpg

iammooks

Nov 27, 2018
Anyone know if this is a standard wiper arm on my motor? The blade is shot and want to try and get a new one without any dramas.
View attachment 33094
Definitely not standard, as a vehicle reg search will give you the caged version for a mk1.

I don't have the long cover like yours - I've got the Fabia one where you can see half the wiper blade coming out - but the one I have is a Bosch Aerotwin A330H.

Reactions: Rich.T

smutts

Apr 12, 2020
Found two rusty cans of r134a refrigerant in the shed.
One so rusty it's empty.
So to save the environment, I've stuffed the still full can into the air conditioning.
Just stopped shivering from a five mile drive, so it's a success.

I had a cracked fuse in one of those weird three fuses that live on top of the battery to cause strange electrical foibles.

That knacked fuse stopped the radiator fans & that stopped the air conditioning from working.

New fuse & sorted.

smutts

Apr 12, 2020
Hells Bells, just looked up the price of 12oz cans of gas, £34!
I hope that burst can suffocated the rats under the shed.

Reggie Cupra TDi

Jan 14, 2016
picked up a drivers wing from Bradford 1 hours drive away... arranged for 3pm pickup, he said he was on the way when contacted..1hr 20 i waited never said sorry
happy i got a wing, pissed off i wasted the afternoon in bradford :mad:

Reggie Cupra TDi

Jan 14, 2016
hahah thanks for the wishful thinking !! i proper struggled finding a wing, and with it being near i had to jump at the chance, rocking horse **** they are!

Reactions: Rich.T

smutts

Apr 12, 2020
Oh! The joys of rattle can paint jobs.
I once left the light on admiring what looked to be a perfect success.
Come the morning, every moth in Devon was embedded in the paint.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.