what have you done to your car today ?

Jay20VT

The 'R' In CupRa
Jul 23, 2004
N.London
View attachment 36763
View attachment 36764
So here is the latest addition to the family.
Back from the paint shop yesterday.
They have done an amazing job with onvi yellow being such a hard colour to match.
Also ended up getting them to paint all the grilles on the front black.
At some point someone had done some black spray or something to them but was all chipped and peeling off.
Would have like to just replace them all but seeing as they’re not all available new thought best just to get them painted properly.
Against the yellow looks okay black I think.
Obviously I still have a list of jobs to get it to my high standards but it’s getting there.
Full service and belts getting done tommorow and Thursday getting a wrapping place to re do the carbon effect stuff on the B pillar.
They have an off the shelf wrap that is near as damn it a perfect match so going with that.
Looks like a base model Leon without that on. :ROFLMAO:
New badges, centre caps and all the fun bits to do as well as a good detail under the bonnet and it should be like new (ish) again.
Well that’s as long as it gets a clean bill of health tommorow.
Wish me luck.
Mate they look like husband and wife lol 🤣

Yellow is not my colour choice but I must admit it's looking REALLY nice!! That's is gonna be a real head turner and looking mint. I know you are a perfectionist and when you get that detail done you really should get some pro pictures taken on a decent SLR and show case it on here. Well done!!
I thought I was the only Mk1 R nut in the UK, but that is what you call true enthusiasm. May it live a long healthy life!
In the meantime, would love to see some more pics. Interior, engine etc

Reactions: Nathan penney

Jay20VT

The 'R' In CupRa
Jul 23, 2004
N.London
View attachment 36763
View attachment 36764
So here is the latest addition to the family.
Back from the paint shop yesterday.
They have done an amazing job with onvi yellow being such a hard colour to match.
Also ended up getting them to paint all the grilles on the front black.
At some point someone had done some black spray or something to them but was all chipped and peeling off.
Would have like to just replace them all but seeing as they’re not all available new thought best just to get them painted properly.
Against the yellow looks okay black I think.
Obviously I still have a list of jobs to get it to my high standards but it’s getting there.
Full service and belts getting done tommorow and Thursday getting a wrapping place to re do the carbon effect stuff on the B pillar.
They have an off the shelf wrap that is near as damn it a perfect match so going with that.
Looks like a base model Leon without that on. :ROFLMAO:
New badges, centre caps and all the fun bits to do as well as a good detail under the bonnet and it should be like new (ish) again.
Well that’s as long as it gets a clean bill of health tommorow.
Wish me luck.
Just noticed you have a recaro interior ??? I am truly jealous now. I really want a pair like that.

Nathan penney

Jul 8, 2017
Liverpool
Mate they look like husband and wife lol 🤣

Yellow is not my colour choice but I must admit it's looking REALLY nice!! That's is gonna be a real head turner and looking mint. I know you are a perfectionist and when you get that detail done you really should get some pro pictures taken on a decent SLR and show case it on here. Well done!!
I thought I was the only Mk1 R nut in the UK, but that is what you call true enthusiasm. May it live a long healthy life!
In the meantime, would love to see some more pics. Interior, engine etc
There’ll be lots more photos once it’s finished don’t worry.
Will be getting a few runs out over the next couple of weeks then I’m planning on going to Le Mans in it next month.
Then it’s going to live a sheltered life.
I took the grey one last year and that turned a few heads so this should be a bit of an eye catcher like you say.
It’s mad, I was never brave enough to have a yellow one in my early twenties. Had a black one, a silver one and a grey one ( not all R’s) but never yellow.
Now i’ve tuned 40 Im like yeah what the hell. :ROFLMAO:
So you’re not on your own, there are plenty of us still throwing time and money at these things.
There is just something about them. Timeless design, The way they drive?
It is also a reminder of simpler times (and a reminder that I’ve put a few pounds on since I was in my twenties!)
Those Recaros ain’t half ‘huggy’. :eek::ROFLMAO:

Jay20VT

The 'R' In CupRa
Jul 23, 2004
N.London
There’ll be lots more photos once it’s finished don’t worry.
Will be getting a few runs out over the next couple of weeks then I’m planning on going to Le Mans in it next month.
Then it’s going to live a sheltered life.
I took the grey one last year and that turned a few heads so this should be a bit of an eye catcher like you say.
It’s mad, I was never brave enough to have a yellow one in my early twenties. Had a black one, a silver one and a grey one ( not all R’s) but never yellow.
Now i’ve tuned 40 Im like yeah what the hell. :ROFLMAO:
So you’re not on your own, there are plenty of us still throwing time and money at these things.
There is just something about them. Timeless design, The way they drive?
It is also a reminder of simpler times (and a reminder that I’ve put a few pounds on since I was in my twenties!)
Those Recaros ain’t half ‘huggy’. :eek::ROFLMAO:i

Jay20VT

The 'R' In CupRa
Jul 23, 2004
N.London
I'm on the look out for Recaros, that would be a really nice touch for mine also. After debadging the car at the weekend I am loving the plain rear 😂
I was in my early 30s when I got my first LCR and now at the ripe old age of 48 I still feel like a youngster when I get behind the wheel. These cars are timeless as you say. The dash is simple and functional and it's like driving a Mk1, MK2 and MK3 Golf GTI and S3 all at once lol.

Dazzalcr

Aug 10, 2019
Got to agree these are a fab underrated car in my opinion they put the biggest smile on your face without needing a posh badge or insane bhp, unless you know of this car you won't know what it is or how old t is, it gives you pretty much what you need in terms of us being the driver and not the cars posh brain and sensors. Had mine just over 8 years got a few more things to do then I hope I'm done, as the only next thing for me to do is stage 3 which I don't think is needed( wallet sighs with relief 😅) GREAT CAR

Alexis27

Dec 20, 2009
Manchester
Wasted £30+paint on some aftermarket door handles (Topran and JPGroup). They're both literally 1mm too long and so won't fit properly, even after a night's sleep and second attempt. Nevermind, that's just the risk with pattern parts.

Will have to take off the old ones, sand them back and repaint. A ballache because I'll have to buy a second hand handle to replace the first one, and then repaint them as a I go around the car, one at a time. Which will take days.

Reactions: mty12345

Nam-uk

May 11, 2011
lancashire.
Got to agree these are a fab underrated car in my opinion they put the biggest smile on your face without needing a posh badge or insane bhp, unless you know of this car you won't know what it is or how old t is, it gives you pretty much what you need in terms of us being the driver and not the cars posh brain and sensors. Had mine just over 8 years got a few more things to do then I hope I'm done, as the only next thing for me to do is stage 3 which I don't think is needed( wallet sighs with relief 😅) GREAT CAR
And allot of jobs you can do your self, some parts can cost but you just look at the cost if you took the car into a garage , my recent cost was cambelt and aux belt with water pump but what i saved over the years doing allot your self justifies it, better that than people buying cars on the drip and that does cost

Reactions: Dazzalcr

Nam-uk

May 11, 2011
lancashire.
Wasted £30+paint on some aftermarket door handles (Topran and JPGroup). They're both literally 1mm too long and so won't fit properly, even after a night's sleep and second attempt. Nevermind, that's just the risk with pattern parts.

Will have to take off the old ones, sand them back and repaint. A ballache because I'll have to buy a second hand handle to replace the first one, and then repaint them as a I go around the car, one at a time. Which will take days.
try here https://best.aliexpress.com/?lan=en&spm=a2g0o.best.1000002.1.768c2c25lz1PkH been buying here for years on small items , its worth a look and if you do used a verified pay pal account.. its just like using eBay

Nathan penney

Jul 8, 2017
Liverpool
D8776106-7D26-40DA-A8F0-EEA92390F8EB.jpeg

845AB3F2-80E0-44B9-8EEA-9BDBA17F1BB5.jpeg

Full service done and newly refurbished correct red Brembo’s done.
On way back also called at the paint shop to pick up my spare jacking point covers. ( Just incase, for future reference)
Tommorow after work booked in for wrapping done on the B pillars.

mty12345

Jun 17, 2011
bristol

I need to do the same.

Jay20VT

The 'R' In CupRa
Jul 23, 2004
N.London

Dazzalcr

Aug 10, 2019
Anyone know what trim part this could be for the engine cover. Or what would do the job cheers

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230601_153316_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20230601_153316_Facebook.jpg
    219.1 KB · Views: 52
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.