what have you done to your car today ?

Sean886

May 15, 2014
EBay is addictive :/

33z663q.png

t7cvaw.png

fm4ef4.png

Also after a badger5 tip, a liquid gauge, front disks and a 007dv if anyone has anything?

Go pro is for my road trip to Wales next month bshoukd get some cracking footage. The roads in that part of Wales are sublime!

Last edited:

carew

Feb 16, 2008
Birmingham
Installed kiddishades to the rear of my car. Purchased from the baby show two weeks ago. Excellent product. Fits straight in just using a couple of clips. Blocks the sun out, stops bugs getting in and can still have the windows open. http://www.uvcarshades.co.uk/

Last edited:

carew

Feb 16, 2008
Birmingham
You got any pictures of them fitted?

Not got any pictures at the moment. Can get some taken if you like and get them posted.

They fit perfect, right up to the door frame.

No more squinting baby in the back.

From a distance they look like complete black out tints, but up close they're perfect.

Jimmy3rown

Nov 28, 2013
Hampshire
Secondary Air Pump & Throttle Body

I repaired the secondary air pump on my Leon Cupra because it was too loud and having my car sound like a hoover is not cool.

This is before the repair - notice some of the rivets have degraded and the air gaps around the edge where the air is being sucked in.
DSC03366.JPG

Here's the air pump repaired - I followed guides found on forums. This is a great shop for getting the parts - http://www.westfieldfasteners.co.uk/
Now it can't even heard.
DSC03368.JPG

I also cleaned out the throttle body - I followed this one of many good guides http://hubpages.com/hub/How-To-clean-your-Throttle-Body-VWAudi-DIY#
Mine was filthy, probably the first time it's ever been done. When I turned the ignition on I could hear the throttle body going through some sort of process, that high pitched noise, possibly aligning? I also used vag-com to align the throttle body, which was a shorter process and also made a different sound. So perhaps it's best to use vag-com to re-align.
DSC03372.JPG

DSC03380.JPG

My Leon has been having some hesitation under acceleration, around 2000rpm, low revs, between gear changes, it's like hitting the brakes. It's temperamental, but often enough to annoy me. I've replaced the MAF, N75, no vac or boost leaks, no errors. I've removed the diverter/dump valve and the diaphragm is still good - also it's the uprated version ending in 710N. Perhaps it's on its way out, a bit slow to respond - it's been on the car since new, so 12yrs/55k miles.

Alexis27

Dec 20, 2009
Manchester
Lucky being able to repair the air pump. Mine was shot and couldn't be fixed. Cost me £350 to replace. Luckily the design has changed since, so it shouldn't fail again.

Last edited:

irf

Feb 5, 2014
this arrived in the post today, chuffed!

20140530_105458_zps37daea02.jpg

just waiting on some top mounts and bearings and i'll get round to fitting them. will also fit my front brembos and ds2500s which ive had for ages!

Last edited: