what have you done to your car today ?

Fidge

SEAT Enthusiast!
Sep 9, 2004
Southampton UK
Auto glym paint renovator ia great on sctatches but its abrasive I think it would only make your dullness worse

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Bigjohn84

Intagram / johnyoung84
May 5, 2015
Ive also heard never to use T-cut on red paint as it causes it to go dull because of the ammonia in it reacting with the red pigment,

You can get T-Cut for the colour of ur car £10 bottle tho, I use it once a month and my cars fine, ur only really ment to do its once a year tho as it take a layer of laqre off

Bigjohn84

Intagram / johnyoung84
May 5, 2015
And I'd never buy a bright colour car as that's what happens to the paint work, 1 if you don't look after it and 2 if the paint work gets to much sun, I stick to my light colour cars, only downfall is u don't get as much of a shine as the bright colour cars

Last edited:

Stephen Skeggs

Aug 5, 2015
West Sussex
Yeah I no that's the only thing I've only had the car 2monthsit was like it when I got it! It was a bargain so can't really complain lol! I'll give it a go with some polishes if don't work I'll t cut it with a mop then wax it

Bigjohn84

Intagram / johnyoung84
May 5, 2015
I polish my car by hand every time, I only said to use a buffer cause it sounded bad, u want to get a really good deep polish on it, once done u can just hand polish it, I'm a hands on guy, least I no I done all the hard work and not any tools lol

Stephen Skeggs

Aug 5, 2015
West Sussex
Ok I got tommoro to give it a go by hand if it don't come up as I want it I'll get a mop and have a go some point durin the week cheers mate I'll have a chat with RobDon as well if I need any more advice/help cheers

LCsTed

Jan 19, 2014
Hampshire
Boost hose issues still on going but its have managed to get her to stay together for now until I can get it all apart and start again

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

Haze

Oct 21, 2014
I like the rear mudflaps, are they original? Would like some ony LCR have read there aren't any though

Burnzybubbles

Jul 8, 2015
Fried a new set of pads due to a sticking rear caliper, have to have tomorrow off work to get it sorted, felt like setting the car alight with me inside it :rofl:

Bigjohn84

Intagram / johnyoung84
May 5, 2015
Fried a new set of pads due to a sticking rear caliper, have to have tomorrow off work to get it sorted, felt like setting the car alight with me inside it :rofl:

Mate that's a common prob on our cars, i started to hear really bad grinding noise from my rear the night b4 my mot lol how gutted was I, the piston was fecked, would not go back in atol, so took a trip to the scrapies and got a nice newish one for £10, now I have no problems, if you haven't got the winged back tool just use a pair of long nosed pliers they do the trick.

Burnzybubbles

Jul 8, 2015
Mate that's a common prob on our cars, i started to hear really bad grinding noise from my rear the night b4 my mot lol how gutted was I, the piston was fecked, would not go back in atol, so took a trip to the scrapies and got a nice newish one for £10, now I have no problems, if you haven't got the winged back tool just use a pair of long nosed pliers they do the trick.

Thanks John, iv been having a run of bad luck, I ordered a rebuild kit from big red on eBay only to find it's the wrong piston size, it states 1.8 cupra on the listing and they all use the same pad so took it as it'd all be the same, it also states the piston size so probably no chance of a refund or even the correct replacement, replaced the dust boots as they where knackered but had to re use the piston and seal, will be going scrappie tomorrow and getting a caliper and a suicide jack plus the wire for front abs sensor, that'll be it all done for the mean time, I have the rewind tool and used it for a good half an hour winding the piston in and out repeatedly, trying in vein to free it up, I'm going to have to order a new set of pads though as it seized within a few hundred yards of pads being fitted, and hope the discs aren't damaged as they are all ebc gear and sold in pairs [:@]

Bigjohn84

Intagram / johnyoung84
May 5, 2015
You could have send it back and said its the wrong one, scrapies is the best place for parts mate least you no there all genuine parts, people buy door modules of eBay cheap Chinese ones and they never work, don't no why they just do t go to the scrapies, I sell a lot of parts on eBay for our cars, I've not got anything up just now as I was on holiday plus I'm having to make a new account up as usual lol, if you need anything pm me and I'll try help you out.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise