What mpg should I expect from a Cupra?

T31LUK

hey i have been thinkin about gettin a cupra for a while now but im wondering what sort of mpg should i expect to get it if i got 1? because i travel 52miles to college and only work part time so not sure what sort of money it would cost me to get there everyday
any help would be much appreciated

robreidmotors

RobReid
May 10, 2008
Lancashire
Above is possible, I had an 2.0 8v that got me 40mpg on a trip to london (240 miles), held true with what was in the tank also. Usually was 36mpg.

My current non cupra gti 8v gets me 32mpg, so id say usually between 32 and 36, depending on your runs etc.

cuprachrissy

search and you will find! read a thread like this not so long ago. i get about 20-28 around town, but motorways maby 35mpg.

andycupra

status subject to change
many people get as low as 22 mpg.
for the leons not many get more than 30mpg, although on longer trip like you make you should get 35mpg+ although this really is dependant on your driving.

If i was doing 50 miles a day id have to seriously consider whether a cupra is the car for me.

cupramillo

The "Red Baron"
Feb 24, 2008
South London
When i was Revo Stage 1 my fuel economy was shocking, could never get about 23mpg, and only mods i had was BF turbo back, forge dump valve. Since i got amm the bits for ko3s and went Revo stage 2 my fuel economy is much much better. Easily around 28-29mpg and thats 80% town driving. Longer runs i can get into the 35's. All down to how you driver her. No point going on boost in stop start traffic and 30mph driving, just short change and poodle in 5h gear....proper granny stylee

cupramillo

The "Red Baron"
Feb 24, 2008
South London
Saying that i have heard that the trip computers mpg read out is so what suspect! Best way to calculate it is to zero when you fill up, see how many gallons you put in then how many miles you get and you can work it out properly.

Good fugures though 'Lad

Damoegan

Sir Bob,a geordy legend..
Oct 15, 2007
Newcastle
I avarage about 30mpg. Unlike Danny who can easy drive off boost its much harder with my k03s that spools in the car park when you just look at it......

cupramillo

The "Red Baron"
Feb 24, 2008
South London
haha, ko3s does start to spool up very early, it almost eggs you on, especially when you hear the spool up whistle and induction suuuuuuuuuuck

ebo007

Jul 15, 2008
Dundee, Scotland
I do a 50 mile round trip everyday to work Mostly motorway and probably get around 30-35 mpg & around 300 miles on a full tank of V Power (£40 approx).
I am considering selling up tho cos my fuel bill is about £250 a month not to mention the wear and tear on everything.
I'm sure i've you drove it very sensibily then you could get more but then whats the point in having a fast car you may as well get a diesel. :D
I also had old Cupra Sport 2.0 8v and that was worse on fuel that the new cupra IMO.

Last edited:

cupramillo

The "Red Baron"
Feb 24, 2008
South London
Just remember that these cars are ment to be fun to drive. If driven sensibily they can return up to the high 30's on long distance motorway runs. I got 36mpg last week on a 250mile round trip. |Round town it does fall, managed to keep it around the 32's though.

Last edited:

jamesgtturbo

Dec 10, 2006
derbyshire
Been testing mine recently , motorway run i averaged 32.8 , around town (short trips ) im getting 22. Just too add im running a k04 set up at 253.6 bhp

Sri Ryan

On a trip to North Wales, (from south) it was 200miles there and 200miles back, i got there on 1/4 of a tank! i was driving like a saint up there, bare in mind it is all A roads and country lanes. so it was extremly good, on the way back i used 3/4 (damn astra VXR egging me on), i got 400miles to a tank in the end, I was averaging 50odd mpg on the way there and about 30 to 35mpg on the way back,

Im on a revo stage 2 running around 210 to 240bhp (couldnt get on the rollers... too low to run)

Around town if i drive like a saint i get about 29mpg, but it goes to as low as 4.9 when my foot is to the floor, lol

Good and bad times!

Last edited by a moderator:
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.