What you need to install an aftermarket stereo in Mk2 Leon

May 25, 2008
S.Wales
www.seatcupra.net
Thats something i will defin do to my leon...looks well good. Can you watch and drive? (i know its illegal) thought i ask tho :whistle: oh and more importantly you planning to get that camera addon ND-BC2? for the reserve ? not sure why i would need it but looks cool tho will keep in touch once i get the cash for the unit

matthewbentham

Cupra averaged 41mpg once
Thats something i will defin do to my leon...looks well good. Can you watch and drive? (i know its illegal) thought i ask tho :whistle: oh and more importantly you planning to get that camera addon ND-BC2? for the reserve ? not sure why i would need it but looks cool tho will keep in touch once i get the cash for the unit

you can set it up so you can watch+drive. you just need to connect the handbrake cable to a good earthing point. you should be able to find a suitable place behind the stereo

(DISCLAIMER: The above is for your information only. It's up to you if go ahead and wire it like that. I cannot accept responsibility if you get pulled over by police for watching a DVD whilst driving.:whistle:)

frpete

I've only had the unit installed since Saturday so have only made a call to my brother thro it. He says he could understand me very well. I've got the microphone attatched to roof lining near to driver's A pillar. I wud imagine the unit wud cut the music when a call comes in. I'm off work on Wed so I'll try it then

Matt

can you confirm re: the seat fascia adaptor part number 1P2858071A - i rang the seat stealer the other day and he said 'this part is for a left-hand drive car' and also that 'i could order you the part for your right hand drive car but it looks slightly different in style and size' SO... the question i want to know is, with my car being right hand drive, do i need the origional left-hand part - order number as you have quoted in you very helpfull guide for fitting an aftermarket stereo in a mk2 leon, OR, do i have to have the right hand drive version part. your reply will be very much appreciated. thanks from a happy 170FR owner.

RichieRich

Mk4 Golf GT TDi
Sep 17, 2005
Oxfordshire :)
www.bebo.com
hi frpete u can ask pete88 on this forum he is the seat parts advisor at westerham garage im gettin my facia from him he is also going to post it to me (saves me a 120 mile trip) to order then go get it the weekend after saves me loads of money :) he even asked me what colour i wanted it in he did say what colour my dash is also :) might be worth while asking him :) do u need the cables for behind the unit? as i have a spare set :)

RonnyBoi85

if you add N87 to the part number than it works, i recently quoted that part no to the dealer and got told it was wrong, he corrected me by adding the N87

so the full part code is: 1P2858071AN87

Sieze

To install an aftermarket headunit you need 4 adaptors:

1) an adaptor to go from car to the unit itself.

http://www.incarexpress.co.uk/view_product.php?partno=CARPI221

this adaptor is for Pioneer units and will let you use your steering wheel controls. You'll have to use search engine to find adaptors for other makes of head unit

If the headunit is not steering wheel control compatible then click below:

http://www.incarexpress.co.uk/view_product.php?partno=PC2754VW

2) the SEAT sat-nav fascia adaptor.
Go to your SEAT dealer and ask for part no. 1P2858071A. You will need to give your reg no. to get the correct colour trim. this part cost me £8.45.

3) do a search on eBay for a VW Golf Mk5 fascia. (approx £9-15) This will fit in the SEAT sat-nav fascia adaptor and then you can put in your aftermarket headunit.
If installing a double-din unit then you will need to cut out the middle bar in the VW Golf fascia adaptor.

4) a Fakra aerial adaptor

http://www.incarexpress.co.uk/view_product.php?partno=CT27AA14

Also there is loads of space for wires, iPod connectors etc behind climate control unit. You'll find it easier to install the unit if you remove the climate control unit and vents above the stereo. This unscrews (using Torx T20 driver) and unclips.

For an iPod, there is a piece of plastic in the roof of glovebox that can be pushed out so the iPod can sit in there.

I installed a double-din Pioneer AVIC-HD3BT sat-nav unit. This cost me £1500 but it was so worth it. There are so many features. Bluetooth, voice recognition, built-in harddrive, DVD player etc
Click
http://www.pioneer.co.uk/uk/products/10/20/241/AVIC-HD3BT/index.html for more details.

Sound quality has improved greatly. no distortion at higher volumes compared to OEM unit

Next thing is to add my sub (already pre-wired) and replace OEM speakers.

Any questions just email or message me

Matt

Is point 2 the SEAT dash for double din Sat Nav ? £8.50 seems cheap doesn't it? The Golf surround makes sense, but is this thread for cars with the sat Nav upgraded dash?

frpete

re: seat sat nav fascia adaptor

ive been in touch with the stealers, quoting that i needed to order part number 1P2858071A in order to fit an aftermarket stereo in my mk2 leon, as per your guide, and he told me that 'well i could order you that, but that part is for a left hand drive car' and also that 'the part for the right hand drive car ( which is what mine is) looks slightly different in style and size' so my question is to you my friend, do i need the part as quoted in you guide, or do i need the right hand drive part?.......from confused of mansfield.

RonnyBoi85

As i said lat time i posted, i quoted part 1P2858071A and the stealer indeed said it was incorrect. when he asked what part i was looking for i said the sat nav facia and he said that there was "N87" missing off the end of the code so the full code is 1P2858071AN87.

I ordered mine last week and its turned up fits fine and looks pretty good. got my mk5 golf facia off ebay and it fits the sat nav surround very well :)

and yes £8.50 does sound cheap but i was £8.60 and the part is spot on :)

Ron

Sieze

As i said lat time i posted, i quoted part 1P2858071A and the stealer indeed said it was incorrect. when he asked what part i was looking for i said the sat nav facia and he said that there was "N87" missing off the end of the code so the full code is 1P2858071AN87.

I ordered mine last week and its turned up fits fine and looks pretty good. got my mk5 golf facia off ebay and it fits the sat nav surround very well :)

and yes £8.50 does sound cheap but i was £8.60 and the part is spot on :)

Ron

So let me get this straight. Part number 1P2858071AN87 is the big silver piece of dash that the 7inch multimedia screen fits in, and replaces the bit that comes out with the standard sterio. The golf bit of trim is a black frame for the screen that makes it look finished?

RonnyBoi85

that is correct, your dealer should query the cars interior to make sure the right colour is ordered as mine is a slightly darker antriciteish colour ill take a few pics to let you see the parts

Sieze

Is it also correct we need the following to hold it all in place? :

clips and screws:
9 pieces 3B0 867 190 (clips for the front frame)
4 pieces N 906 986 03 (screws for mounting the unit)
4 pieces 1J0 858 137 A (plates for mountingscrews)

matthewbentham

Cupra averaged 41mpg once
Is it also correct we need the following to hold it all in place? :

clips and screws:
9 pieces 3B0 867 190 (clips for the front frame)
4 pieces N 906 986 03 (screws for mounting the unit)
4 pieces 1J0 858 137 A (plates for mountingscrews)

the SEAT sat-nav surround just clips in. The Mk5 Golf fascia adaptor will need 4 screws to hold it in place tho. I just used some screws I found in my garage.