Where to get a HID kit?

D_O_U_G_I_E

100% Beach Bum
Aug 26, 2008
Midlands
Ok, firstly...sorry to revive an old thread but I'm sat here getting ready to order an HID kit and I just want a bit of advice before I part with my cash so I can get everything sorted all at the same time.

I've decided that I'm going to buy the kit that most people seemed to be impressed with:-http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220486482784&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT#ht_5585wt_941 off Ebay for £57 all in.......yeah?

So with that sorted, my question to you is......which side light and fog bulbs should I go for to match the HID's? I've seen motors driving around with standard side lights running along side HID's and it just looks plain darft, so I'd quite like to get it sorted all at once! I've seen a couple of people mention LED side lights, but which ones? And will this combination cause issues with the plod or MOT's? :confused:

Cheers for any help you can give!

D_O_U_G_I_E

100% Beach Bum
Aug 26, 2008
Midlands
Cool! Cheers for that!

Any ideas on fogs? I know it not like you actually have them on that often, but it'd be nice if they matched when you do :D

D_O_U_G_I_E

100% Beach Bum
Aug 26, 2008
Midlands
Well for how much the side lights cost, I might just order a set of each and see which ones look/work best. Not so sure about the fog's though. Might do a bit more research first :confused:

I'm going to be doing a load of maintenance and cosmetic work on the LCR at the end of the month Gavin (because of it being sat up for the past 5 months practically unused), so I'll be fitting mine then. You're welcome to come round and help out if you like! ;)

D_O_U_G_I_E

100% Beach Bum
Aug 26, 2008
Midlands
In all fairness, from what I've seen and what people have said, it should be very simple and I shouldn't need anything else at all (about from some 20amp fuses to replace the 15amp ones, apparently :confused: )

George 3G

KW & Weitec
Jul 28, 2009
Herefordshire
Can I just revive this thread?

I'm really stuck at the moment, on two things. Firstly 6000k or 8000k

Secondly, go for HIDS4U 55W kit at £80 or Dianeshop (seem the best ebay kit) at £30-£40?

Any advice please? :)

George

LEE69

Stage 2 Revo'd
Dec 10, 2004
C\UK\Devon\Torquay
Can't see how they would melt as they run cooler than halogen bulbs that they replace.
I run 55w watt in my angel eyes and would in standards :)

MarcGreenaway

Feb 17, 2010
Blackpool
Im a bit clueless when it comes to these HID kits... my question is.. does my 55 plate LCR have a canbus system as im unsure which kit to order?

Thanks

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.