Who has removed the exterior B Pillar cover?

nph

not very familiar with the terminology but is that the plastic between the driver window and the back passenger window?

NickyJam

FR - gone, not forgotten
Mar 17, 2008
SW LONDON
not very familiar with the terminology but is that the plastic between the driver window and the back passenger window?

yes.

i think someone has mentioned this before, believe i read about this when i first had an idea to colour-code mine. think theres 2 torx screws either side but try searching

vroomtshh

Sep 11, 2005
Dreghorn, Scotland
yes.

i think someone has mentioned this before, believe i read about this when i first had an idea to colour-code mine. think theres 2 torx screws either side but try searching

I did search, but you cant search for 'b' and pillar brings up tons of results. No torx screws on mine that I could see. Seems to be plastic clips. I guess there may be torx screws unders these.

nph

yes, you have to unscrew something. for this you have to pool back a little the rubber which also masks the screws. can give you more details but when my car arrives home i will take a look.

maybe this might help:
bpillar.png

nph

sorry for the bad info regarding the screws, mine is with 5 doors and I recall seeing the screws and the pics confirm it.
your assumption is good, etka says that 6=clip lining, so no screws. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

seat_rich

Five atoms
Jul 29, 2009
If you find a way to get the clips out without destroying everything, I'd love to hear about it!

Tried to remove mine to touch up a bit of rust, and just succeeded in mangling a clip without even managing to remove it :(

vroomtshh

Sep 11, 2005
Dreghorn, Scotland
If you find a way to get the clips out without destroying everything, I'd love to hear about it!

Tried to remove mine to touch up a bit of rust, and just succeeded in mangling a clip without even managing to remove it :(

My plan will be the following:
Phone seat - buy 6 new clips
Use trim removal tool, screwdrivers, pliers, hammer and probably a grinder to remove old ones.
Refit with new clips ;-)

Aimez

My plan will be the following:
Phone seat - buy 6 new clips
Use trim removal tool, screwdrivers, pliers, hammer and probably a grinder to remove old ones.
Refit with new clips ;-)

that is the only plan that will work, had my rear quarter window replace and the glass man destroyed the two plastic clip screw things when he removed them he put them back in but it looks a bit crap now as one is all bent. Should buy a new one but been like that nearly a year and it is the passenger side so I forget it is there.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members