Why doesn't my car pop and backfire like my mate's Golf?

pagey

decat?? help

got a mk3 cupra stage 1 remap want a decat .. anyone know where i can get one? after fitting one to my mates golf gti with similar map it back fires now do u think a decat on a cupra would achieve same result?

dubz_wm

DuBaHolIcS.co.uk
Jul 25, 2008
Wimbledon, Surrey
it wil do yes, i removed just the rear silcencer on mine and that made it pop and bang. did it make a big difference in the noise when u fitted a decat to your mates car?

Nickrobz

BURRRRR!!!
Mar 8, 2008
Brumz
I have a decat mines sounds fine. Noisey when you boot it but a nice noise though. Dont pop as much as my mates golf. I went to my local powerflow dealer and got mine done.

sonic

R083RT
Nov 19, 2004
milton keynes
any of you had problems after fitting the de-cat?
like going into limp mode because the lambda is thinking the cat is fooked?

jam666999

Mar 2, 2004
Northants
Visit site
any of you had problems after fitting the de-cat?
like going into limp mode because the lambda is thinking the cat is fooked?

You can also space the lambda out to stop this mate, i've got a bit of kit called a wayne angle block that im removing now due to getting revo stage 2. But it does the trick and stop the EML light coming on. It will be in the for sale section soon.

pagey

right guys i have a 51 cupra ... stage 1 amd map..decat...supersprint backbox...induction kit...forge 007 rec valve....... first thing i wanna know is my mate has a mk4 golf gti with same mods as me his car pops and back fires like mad why doesnt the seat do this?......

also i need more power lookin for an extra 30 bhp could i do this on a budget off about £500?? or am i dreaming lol:)

Reuvers

I is a Dutch man!
Oct 30, 2007
Netherlands
don't really know why so many are so eager to get the popping and banging, but might be due to the fact that these cars are getting silly cheap over there in the UK.

anyway, there have been quite some discussions over this and seems the golf will always pop more than these cars.

I run a decat as well and 2.5" exhaust and am happy to report no popping or banging

As for power, I'd invest in one of the THS universal intercooler sets of approximately 150 quid (or something like that). That will allow you to keep your power better in high revs.
As for more, you could go stage 2 but then I would advise the K03s. That will give you the extra 20-30HP, but on 500 quid you won't make that.

My advise, get the FMIC and a TIP and you're done for 300 quid. should see a good 200-210hp (max)

and a search would have told you all this

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise