Windscreen Wipers - NOT working

MagicFR

Feb 17, 2006
Manchester
worked fine this mornin then half way to work tried to spray some water on the windscreen and nothing.

wipers came on once together with the rear wiper and that was the end :(

rear wiper works (no water comes through)

Checked manual and found fuse 46 is the one for the wipers but when opening the fuse box on the drivers side how do you tell which one is 46?

MagicFR

Feb 17, 2006
Manchester
cheers Andy!,

I hope it's not the stalk cause that got changed on Saturday when I had my Cruise control fitted....and the stupid thing was working fine till this morning :'(

MagicFR

Feb 17, 2006
Manchester
Had The AA come out. Chap found that a fuse was blown and replaced it. funnily enough it wasn't the 20amp number 46 fuse that is for the wipers......but the lowest red 10amp in the box

Thnx SEAT for provinding the correct info :S

Washers are still not working and there is no noise coming from the water pump :(

So I still need to take it to a garage to be looked at under warranty

Jan 14, 2019
Had The AA come out. Chap found that a fuse was blown and replaced it. funnily enough it wasn't the 20amp number 46 fuse that is for the wipers......but the lowest red 10amp in the box

Thnx SEAT for provinding the correct info :S

Washers are still not working and there is no noise coming from the water pump :(

So I still need to take it to a garage to be looked at under warranty

Any rough idea which fuse it was? Thanks

Big Tony

Sep 20, 2018
If nothing comes through the rear screen wash hold the screenwash control on for a few seconds then pop your boot open and feel around for wetness, it's possible the connector for the pipes has come apart. If so remove the panels on the right hand side of your boot and you should see a thin black pipe with a male connector and a corresponding pipe with a female end see if you can push them back together if they've come apart.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members