Xenons on mk4

Ant FR

Feb 15, 2005
Kent
Anyone retor fitted a Xenon kit, i did on my old ibiza mk4 but i ended up having to mutilate the Glare box and ended up removing it completely which ended with me getting flashed a lot.

So has anyone found a kit that fits directly into the original holes and does not foul the Glare box ( cos they short out if this happens) if so what kit ws it and where did you get it from. Or anyone know a place that would be able to help with this conundrum as lookig for short HID bulbs.

HElp???

pine

Sep 30, 2005
Finland
I have kit on, and it was plug&play. I dont't remember the manufacturers name right now but I'll look it up. It's on H7 replacement kit.

Aug 1, 2005
Cullompton . Devon
I still have my HID kit in the garage that i had fitted to my Cupra. I bought two X5 kits one for high beam and one for low, easy to fit and worked really well.I have got Xenons on the Audi so i don`t needed them any more really if anyone wants them.

Ant FR

Feb 15, 2005
Kent
I still have my HID kit in the garage that i had fitted to my Cupra. I bought two X5 kits one for high beam and one for low, easy to fit and worked really well.I have got Xenons on the Audi so i don`t needed them any more really if anyone wants them.

What you want for them Xenons Mike. is there any mud one em:p

EdButler

Apr 24, 2005
Sheffield
There were some HID's on group buy ages ago for £138. T. Spark and i got some and theyre fantastic.

The bulb did very slightly foul on the metal section, but if you just push it outward, it easily convexes and wont short as it isnt grounded, itll just carry the 20000 volts or so another inch :p

Also i really wouldnt bother with the Main beams, these will be lethally bright and HID's ignitors are not supposed to be switched on/off regularly - this is why cars with HID's have conventional bulbs for Mains. Also when they are switched on, the brightness is about 5x that of nominal for a brief millisecond and could easily dassle people for minutes with a lens focussed at them... Very dangerous

Last edited:

muddyboots

Still hanging around
Oct 16, 2002
Also i really wouldnt bother with the Main beams, these will be lethally bright and HID's ignitors are not supposed to be switched on/off regularly - this is why cars with HID's have conventional bulbs for Mains. Also when they are switched on, the brightness is about 5x that of nominal for a brief millisecond and could easily dassle people for minutes with a lens focussed at them... Very dangerous
Agreed, frequent switching is bad for HID bulbs.
Also, the HIDs on the Ibiza and Passat (both factory fit :[B)] ) flash on very brightly, then remain a bit dim for a few seconds until the colour & intensity stabilises - fine if you're just switching your dips on once during a journey, but not so good if you're flicking mains on and off.

muddyboots

Still hanging around
Oct 16, 2002
Also - correct me if I'm wrong - but on cars with factory-fitted HID mains as well as dips, don't they just use the same bulb for both, but just move some kind of shutter when main beam is required ?

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.