Boot Light and Glovebox Light Parts list and vague instructions...

joonspoon

175hp. 275lbs/ft.
Nov 18, 2006
Oxfordshire
the wire circled in red did that come with that pin on reason i ask is that se model's came with glovebox light so i was thinking that we just need to find which plug it is suposed to be in and that the plug is already there

It's not a pin it's a tiny female spade connector as found in mini ISO blocks such as the type behind my Alana head unit.

This shows the type of connector in more detail.
http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n25/joonspoon_2006/SCN/MINIISOYP1.jpg

The problem is that the wires are not the exact ones needed to do the job and the interior light wiring is on the right hand side of the car.
The wires can be used no problem. It's easier to use a scotch lock to splice into a power feed. It just isn't necessarily the power supply the factory would use.

I'm trying to keep the cost down. At the moment this job should be about £15.00 fitted.

I asked SEAT tech dept for the correct part numbers (they must exist) when I asked for advice about the power feed but I'd expect the power supply wire to be fairly long as I reckon it needs to go to the roof or the other side of the car.

I'll let you know.

Guy.

simon34

smoooooooth
May 2, 2006
northampton
cool mate was just a thought have just been looking at the wiring diagrams and it probably is over by the fuse box that it should have been conected too

joonspoon

175hp. 275lbs/ft.
Nov 18, 2006
Oxfordshire
cool mate was just a thought have just been looking at the wiring diagrams and it probably is over by the fuse box that it should have been conected too

No sweat mate. :)
There's the problem. Wrong side of the car.
Thus longer wires and more panels to remove.
I'm trying to keep all the work on the left hand side of the car close to the glove box.
That way the panels removed to fit the lamp and switch are the only ones removed.

When I hear from SEAT I'll let you know.

Guy.

Guinness

Finally got the BMW
Nov 29, 2006
Newcastle
its not the removing thing I dont get its, the right faf on with the fog lights that put me off. lol am sure al manage once seat tell u how to do it and then Ill give it ago.

Nov 27, 2006
www.cardomain.com
Not sure I know what you lot are up to in here, but the title sparked my interest so here I am

I ripped this out of my (broken) leon glovebox before chucking it in the skip, and it sounds like it could possibly be of use to someone ??

Guinness

Finally got the BMW
Nov 29, 2006
Newcastle
might come in handy for some1 just buying the parts. wont come in handy for ome of use who have already got em though

joonspoon

175hp. 275lbs/ft.
Nov 18, 2006
Oxfordshire
Not sure I know what you lot are up to in here, but the title sparked my interest so here I am

I ripped this out of my (broken) leon glovebox before chucking it in the skip, and it sounds like it could possibly be of use to someone ??

Not sure regarding Ibiza but thanks for the reply. :thumbup:

The lamp involved in this project has a back cover on it.
http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n25/joonspoon_2006/SCN/GB6.jpg

Could be someone wants it here
http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=136
or here
http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21
depending on year.

Cheers mate :)
Regards Guy.

BlackFR

Jan 22, 2002
Not too far away
On the SE the glovebox light is tapped into the permanent power for the interior light. I copied mine from an SE. The tap into the loom is more complicated than just running a new cable down from the light up in the head lining.

Just pull the A pillar trim off on the passenger side and clip the wire in with all the others no need to remove any other parts apart from the flap over the left hand end of the glovebox :)

Last edited:

dav150n

Jul 23, 2006
durham
i did this mod months ago.
if you have an amp in your car you can use the remote wire that goes to it.
much easier than running wires round the headlining. then the light will be on as your radio comes on!

joonspoon

175hp. 275lbs/ft.
Nov 18, 2006
Oxfordshire
Just pull the A pillar trim off on the passenger side and clip the wire in with all the others
no need to remove any other parts apart from the flap over the left hand end of the glovebox :)

When I remove the end trim panel I can see all the wires from the A pillar.

I just need to know which one I tap into (ie colour).

Once I know that a scotch lock will let me join into the power supply 2 inches from the switch and without removing any other panels.

Anyone know which wire sends power to the passenger door interior light switch?

Finding a power supply is easy (ciggie lighter, radio etc.).
Would prefer one by the switch thus only one pop off panel to remove.

Guy.

simon34

smoooooooth
May 2, 2006
northampton

Once I know that a scotch lock will let me join into the power supply 2 inches from the switch and without removing any other panels.

Guy.
looking at the wiring diag fester sent me it would be red & white

BlackFR

Jan 22, 2002
Not too far away

Guy.

If you want to tap in at that point remove the interior light and find the colour of the permanent +12V. Then find the one with the same colour in the loom down by the switch.

I think its red / another colour...

This is how it is wired on the SE that I coppied from.

I tend not to use scotch locks and the thought of damaging another wire in the loom behind the glovebox with my soldering iron put me off making my attachment at this point.

Last edited:

joonspoon

175hp. 275lbs/ft.
Nov 18, 2006
Oxfordshire
At last!
A solution that works for me.
I've just moved my CD changer from the boot to the glove box.
So I used the permanent feed from the head unit to the changer to supply the light switch
As the cable rests on the top of the glove box it's close by and easy to tap into with a scotch lock.
It's the wire that connects to the changer here if you have a VAG changer.

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n25/joonspoon_2006/SCN/13b31430.jpg

The head unit connection is illustrated in the first picture in post #8 on this thread.

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=105070

Took the "A-pillar" trim off on the passenger side but wires do not feed up behind there so supply has to be from below the dash.

Light works great and I can easily see the changer in the glove box.

Thanks to all who offered help.

Regards Guy.

Guinness

Finally got the BMW
Nov 29, 2006
Newcastle
think Im going to dismantle the dash and connect it at the switch. As Im putting money away for tyres so a cd changer is a way off yet lol. Just have to borrow me some parts from the electronics department tomorow at college lol.