0-60 in mapped 150 Leon...

strugers1

well all i going to say is look at my video it ends at 80 and the video aint a long video!! plus i dont change gear to 4.5k which helps a lot as i hit 60 pretty much as soon as i change into third

UncleFester

Grumpier by the day!
Apr 30, 2006
Milton Keynes
www.facebook.com
Expensive upgrade? To go off topic somewhat but hey...

I currently have 312mm brakes, which are fine for my current power but I believe once I start going down the root of VT5 turbo's and alike im going to need more again!

Main problem is im wanting to keep the car's OEM 16's as I think they are the best go between for performance and weight.

Im guessing they wouldnt fit behind 16's then?

They will go behind 17" but you need spacers to clear the calipers unless you fit TT comps or something. Mine are still 312mm discs ( keeps the maintenance costs down) and after 10 HARD uses in quick sucession they still don't fade :)

devonutopia

fabia-lous
Mar 30, 2004
Exmouth / Exeter
Tried watching the video and now I'm having an epileptic fit. :) Could not make out the speed or anything. :(

However, when the needle does seem to move, the vid clip is on about 8 seconds to go, and judging by when 3rd gear was engaged, and knowing that the redline in 2nd is about 55mph, it would seem to show a 7 second 0-60. :) A good video of a real world true 0 to (real) 60 of about 7 seconds.

oilburninnut

wonder what mine does it in?
with the peloquin i have no traction problems anymore,2nd gear launch,change gear about 4800rpm,i recon i could crack a sub 7,maybe.

dirtysac

Mar 2, 2008
Yorkshire
I mapped Leon doing 6 sec 0-60 is dream land. Get a new stop watch and a new speedo. Sorry buddy but unless it's going off a cliff that's BS.

For the record also if you beat a GT3 in breezer then the GT3 driver must alseep or on crack.

Sisson

Club member
Aug 18, 2005
Derbyshire
to time 0-60 on the speedo, you need to time to 64ish mph.

get it properly done or go down the strip.

Fair enough pod wont give you a 0-60 but it will give you a 0-90ish time.

having an ibiza that did 0-92mph in 14.8 secs. your leons time was slower so does that mean my 0-60 time is 5 secs!!!!!

Dream on!

T. Spark

to time 0-60 on the speedo, you need to time to 64ish mph.

get it properly done or go down the strip.

Fair enough pod wont give you a 0-60 but it will give you a 0-90ish time.

having an ibiza with 5 doors that did 0-92mph in 14.8 secs. your leons time was slower so does that mean my 0-60 time is 5 secs!!!!!

Dream on!

:whistle:

strugers1

i got to get new vids and ill put them up in the day but its snowing here today so cant plus my car starts moving at 2 seconds in that vid and the video is only 10 seconds long and it hits 80 at the end of the video so are people telling me my car goes 0-60 in 7 then 60-80 in1 second??i dont think so

T. Spark

i got to get new vids and ill put them up in the day but its snowing here today so cant plus my car starts moving at 2 seconds in that vid and the video is only 10 seconds long and it hits 80 at the end of the video so are people telling me my car goes 0-60 in 7 then 60-80 in1 second??i dont think so

Yeah, get some new vids, maybe showing the actual speed! Oh and the car your in, and thats a its a diesel, and get it RR on the same video! Oh and then make sure when you do the 0-60 we can see the tarmac to make sure you arent going down a very, very big hill!

kenboon

May 28, 2005
Derby

8 seconds to 80? It takes around 14 seconds for a mapped LCR to hit 100. and the rate of acceleration your on about your car can hit 100 faster than a Mapped LCR?

Ken

Feb 1, 2007
Nottingham
No point speculating about a meeting at the pod.
A tdi leon with 182 bhp will not hit 60 in 5.8 seconds.
If another 30 hp makes such a difference so easily why wont my car do it?(putting out 190hp and best 0 to 60 I have managed is 7.2 going to 65 on the speedo). perhaps strugers is only going to 60 on the speedo! which is about 57.
There is not another new car with 134 hp/ton made today that does 0 to 60 in 5.8 seconds.
Glynn

CupraUK

Pushing on
Aug 15, 2005
Bedfordshire
Wasn't speculating that the pod would settle the 0-60 time, just that I'd win and I know that my motor cannot do a sub 6 second 0-60 :)

PS: Anyone got a confirmed time from the Pod for a remapped PD130?

oilburninnut

Wasn't speculating that the pod would settle the 0-60 time, just that I'd win and I know that my motor cannot do a sub 6 second 0-60 :)

PS: Anyone got a confirmed time from the Pod for a remapped PD130?

A decent driver in a re mapped fabia does it in about 14.8

CupraUK

Pushing on
Aug 15, 2005
Bedfordshire
No point speculating about a meeting at the pod.
A tdi leon with 182 bhp will not hit 60 in 5.8 seconds.
If another 30 hp makes such a difference so easily why wont my car do it?(putting out 190hp and best 0 to 60 I have managed is 7.2 going to 65 on the speedo). perhaps strugers is only going to 60 on the speedo! which is about 57.
There is not another new car with 134 hp/ton made today that does 0 to 60 in 5.8 seconds.
Glynn
65 on the speedo is not enough, I can still be at 67 on the clock when changing into 3rd and we know that you can't do 60 in 2nd.

strugers1

when i went to santa pod there wad a 205bhp tdi golf wth 320lb ft torque!! now my mate brad will vouch for this i got off the line faster than him and beat him into 4th gear but the extra grunt of his car he reeled me in after the launch!! i run 15.2 up pod my first time there!!on a slippy day and hit 92mph on the line!!