DPJ's Silver Leon Cupra GT - no more.

Feb 27, 2007
Behind Wilko
I love this thread...you have to keep up with it though or you find a whole day has gone whilst catching up

Nick I keep using all my fuel going up and down the same piece of Tarmac doing logs.. That isn't putting a smile on my face :(

Dave what plugs are you running? I was going to change to iridiums, what do you think?

DPJ

Dec 13, 2004
NN Yorks / Salento
www.seatcupra.net
Denso Iridium IK22. Given your state of tune, I'd say yes - go for them.

I don't mind doing logging, but my laptop can't keep up - it's slow on battery. I find myself sitting waiting for excel to load them so that I can check results to see if I need to do another run.

I bought a 75w invertor a year or so ago, but it isn't quite enough - it starts cutting out after 15 minutes.

The brilliant thing with the wmi is that it doesn't heat soak so you can do run after run without issue.

wild willy

Aug 4, 2003
Wales
Your index Dave has enchaned my favorite SCN thread. Very helpful.
Can you give us a flavour of what we can expect for 2009. :)

Feb 27, 2007
Behind Wilko
Denso Iridium IK22. Given your state of tune, I'd say yes - go for them.

I don't mind doing logging, but my laptop can't keep up - it's slow on battery. I find myself sitting waiting for excel to load them so that I can check results to see if I need to do another run.

I bought a 75w invertor a year or so ago, but it isn't quite enough - it starts cutting out after 15 minutes.

The brilliant thing with the wmi is that it doesn't heat soak so you can do run after run without issue.

I take it you haven't had any issues with them then, I'd heard some mixed reports so I was going to go with the NGKs..... I've got a choice to make now :)

My battery was awful but since replacing it will last for around 3hrs... It's so nice not to have to worry about it.

I'm going to see what Seat have in stock today.... Hopefully I'll get mine back on track, I should ask you to get it for me. You must be able to get an awesome deal on MAFs hehe

Last edited:

DPJ

Dec 13, 2004
NN Yorks / Salento
www.seatcupra.net
Your index Dave has enchaned my favorite SCN thread. Very helpful.
Can you give us a flavour of what we can expect for 2009. :)

Well.......

I've had this little lot sitting on a shelf for the last five months.
P1010083.jpg

- along with all the gaskets etc for a long weekend on the drive. I bought the Ibiza so there would be no probs with the GT being off the road for long periods.

Unfortunately, what was supposed to go with it never happened. (Supplier....... :shrug: ).

My cars are funded by the dayjob and the credit crunch is making this year look extremely uncertain. Painting the car is definitely on hold now. The National meet is taking up a bit of my time....

I dunno.... Haven't made my mind up........

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.