Cupra leather interior in an LCR

rsmith

Robbie
Apr 28, 2004
Tipperary, Ireland
Hi All,

I have the opportunity to acquire some electric leather seats from a 00 180bhp Cupra.The seats are in mint condition,
My questions are:

Will these fit into my Cupra R?
Will i need to wire extra electric?
What are they worth?
Will they look crappy, I like the “R” emblem on my seats

I have searched but not found a definite answer; i am getting tried of waiting for an S3 interior, they are like gold dust, so i am thinking of settling for these.
No pic yet, sorry

Thanks

vwbassett

Joined the Dark Side
Aug 13, 2007
Surrey
I believe any seats from a mk4 platform fits a mk4 platform car. Wiring havent a clue but shouldnt be too hard to hardwire them if they havent got a std plug. value im not sure id quite like an lcr original though. The R logo does look good though along with the red stitching

jcborden

I've recently done this and think they look great, plus much safer with kids around!

I had to run wires from the cigarette lighter socket, under the centre console, but all pretty easy.

I prefer the seats as the adjustment is pretty infinite, plus you have lumbar adjustment. As for value, I would guess somewhere between £300-500.

rsmith

Robbie
Apr 28, 2004
Tipperary, Ireland
I've recently done this and think they look great, plus much safer with kids around!

I had to run wires from the cigarette lighter socket, under the centre console, but all pretty easy.

I prefer the seats as the adjustment is pretty infinite, plus you have lumbar adjustment. As for value, I would guess somewhere between £300-500.

Is the wiring hard to do? what would i need?.The car it is coming out of is going to the breakers so i should be able to get the existing wiring from it.
I have a 9mth old, so no doubt the back of the car will be full of sticky mysteries, i think leather would be alot easier to clean.

Any pics mate?

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
I have a 9mth old, so no doubt the back of the car will be full of sticky mysteries, i think leather would be alot easier to clean.

may be easier to clean but a cheap tartan rug is a lot less hassle and cheaper

jcborden

See here for a brief guide I did to fitting the front leather seats. Backs take 5 minutes.

The wiring isn't too difficult if you are handy with a soldering iron. I'm not sure how much the original electric looms will help as I don't know where they would connect to, but best to try and get the original connectors, if not (I couldn't) then spade connectors will work just fine.

rsmith

Robbie
Apr 28, 2004
Tipperary, Ireland
See here for a brief guide I did to fitting the front leather seats. Backs take 5 minutes.

The wiring isn't too difficult if you are handy with a soldering iron. I'm not sure how much the original electric looms will help as I don't know where they would connect to, but best to try and get the original connectors, if not (I couldn't) then spade connectors will work just fine.

Excellent, thank you. I will view these seat tomorrow, so i should be able to get the looms too, fingers crossed

DPJ

Dec 13, 2004
NN Yorks / Salento
www.seatcupra.net
Hi All,

I have the opportunity to acquire some electric leather seats from a 00 180bhp Cupra.The seats are in mint condition,
My questions are:

Will these fit into my Cupra R?
Will i need to wire extra electric?
What are they worth?
Will they look crappy, I like the “R” emblem on my seats

I have searched but not found a definite answer; i am getting tried of waiting for an S3 interior, they are like gold dust, so i am thinking of settling for these.
No pic yet, sorry

Thanks

It's a question of choice and personal preference.

My car is a Cupra with electric leather seats. Several 'R' owners have been surprised to see the interior and have commented on how good it looks.......

mjt

Jul 12, 2008
are you going to keep the back bench cloth? could look a bit weird

totally worth it for the fronts, but try and source some rears at some stage..

mjt

Jul 12, 2008
ah, in that case, do it!

totally worth it.
extra bonus points if they're heated ;)

csd_19

May 11, 2005
Angus / Edinburgh
One thing to watch for is they don't seem to hold you as well as stock LCR seats, depends how much hooring around you do though i suppose ;) i guess having the 9 month old on board will curb that!

As long as you keep the leather cleaned and fed with leather cream (Poorboys Leather Stuff is awesome) they seem to wear really well. I've got full electric leather in my LC and its just clocked 96k, passenger seat and rear seats are pretty much like new. Driver's has a couple of creases but that's to be expected, and thankfully its not gone all tatty on the bolster area. :D

smivvy

Seat Leon Cupra
Apr 21, 2008
Northants
As above I swapped to electric leather from my LC seats and I as quite happy. Actually paid an electrician to wire up but they are VERY easy to change

I did then swap to LCR Recaro seats and they do hold you in better I have to say.

Last edited by a moderator:
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.