Aiming for the Masses - Uzi's 305BHP Mk4 Ibiza Cupra TDi (MODs & Pictures on 1st post

Jan 28, 2009
Glasgow
I bought my Mk4 Ibiza Cupra TDi (pd 160) at the start of 2009.
I've went through a few, to say the least, upgrade phases with some serious changes.

Car was Dyno'd standard (with de-cat) at 173.4bhp and 259lb.ft torque

Basic mods in first few months:
Full HID conversion 6000k, inc fog lights
De-cat

Soon after i had it mapped by torque-it to around 205bhp and was limited to around 300lb.ft torque to avoid slip with standard clutch.

All was going well, managed a 14.8 1/4 mile with slow starts, and crossed the line at 94mph. The next day my turbo went, hence this triggered the first phase of upgrading :D and has not really stopped since!

First phase of upgrades:
Engine :
Stage 2 Hybrid Turbo (good for 235bhp 350lb.ft Torque with good map)
Pipercross pannel filter
Air intake mod

Suspension,
Koni FSD Dampers
Eibach Pro springs (30mm drop)
Eibach rear 20mm spacers
Front Seat Sport strut brace

Brakes,
Ferodo DS 2500 pads
Brembo MAX discs
Seat Sport logo skimmed off AP racing caliper and replaced with APracing decal
Racing Blue high temp racing brake fluid

Some pics of the car at an airfield where i went flying, this is how it first looked!

snv35803.jpg
snv35779.jpg
snv35795.jpg

You can go through the entire RR to see how I progressed through the MODs but for those wondering what I’m running now here is a list of what she has:

Engine & Transmission:

Fully ported cylinder head with +15% flow on stock valves
Rosten performance springs and tappets
FIRAD 1024 +30% (I think, maybe +50%) nozzles
Newmans custom CAM (more lift and longer duration)
ARP head studs and bolts etc
Re-bored bottom end to take 81mm pistons from 2.0l BKD engine
Rosten performance con rods
Modified oil pick up and pump
ARP big end and main bearing bolts
Custom inlet manifold
Custom exhaust manifold
Custom 3” straight through exhaust
GTB2260vk turbo
2.25” turbo/intercooler pipework
3” turbo intake pipe
4 bar MAP sensor
MAF delete
Panel filter
Quaife LSD with APR crown bolts and re-enforced forks
SPEC stage 3+ clutch kit with SMF
Rosten performance flywheel shim

Suspension & Brakes:

D2 32 way dampening & height adjustable coilovers
Seat Sport MOMO top strut brace
Re-enforced engine & gearbox mounts
Whiteline rear anti roll bar
Eibach 20mm rear spacers
Leon Cupra R rear brake set-up (256mm vented)
Front AP racing 4 pots with DS2500 pads

Car was fully re sprayed but has since gone through a fair few colour changes. Just now the car is matt black.
Here are some pics throughout the build…

imag1181h.jpg

imag1183.jpg

imag0747.jpg

imag0746.jpg

imag0638.jpg

img09011.jpg

img0929vn.jpg

imag0828.jpg

imag0757i.jpg

img0781qy.jpg

img07751.jpg

imag1385.jpg

imag1390.jpg

imag1396.jpg

img07831r.jpg

img07841.jpg

IMG_4587_zpsbc350d7a.jpg

IMG_7546_zps20452531.jpg

IMG_7550_zpsc24a8835.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 28, 2009
Glasgow
Ok so out of the things i ordered the other day i recieved;
Koni FSD dampers
Eibach 20mm rear spacers
Green pannel filter was out of stock atm, so got a pipecross which is almost the same thing
Racing fluid
Ferodo DS2500 pads

Waiting on:
Eibach Pro springs
Brembo Max Discs
Seat Sport strut brace
LCR splitter
new standard hoses as FORGE and Samco do not have kits and said i'd need to send mine in and they would get them back to me in 4 weeks...was not happy!standard ones are expensive too!
hybrid turbo
unfortunately the clutch will have to wait a few weeks as money is a tad short for it

Last edited:
Jan 28, 2009
Glasgow
i cleaned the intercooler out, polished it up...looks like a mirror now :lol:
took my calipers off for a refurb...still doing them so will get before/after pics and maybe a guide of what im doing :funk:
also took my air box out to smooth it off from inside

borderboy

Sep 5, 2009
Gretna Green
Looks nice - good range of mods to, is it not better going to stage three though ? iv spoke to jim up at star and he said he would go for a three over a two as the two is basicly the same as standard......

whos doing your re-map then ?

where abouts in glasgow are you ?

Jan 28, 2009
Glasgow
Looks nice - good range of mods to, is it not better going to stage three though ? iv spoke to jim up at star and he said he would go for a three over a two as the two is basicly the same as standard......

whos doing your re-map then ?

where abouts in glasgow are you ?

thanks mate. its a tdi...what would a stage 3 be? the stage 2 is defo not same as standard.
my car standard on a RR was 173bhp and 259lb.ft torque...its rated by SEAT lower but they underestimate them. stage 2 will take me to 260bhp and 400lb.ft torque, thats (from SEAT's figures) 100bhp and 160lb.ft torque increase!
what else can you do apart from an exhaust, surely this will not class it as a stage 3.
the map will be done from a friend, who has a re-map comapany called Torque-It. custom map.
Newton Mearns/Giffnock area, in city centre for uni every day

May 6, 2009
Northallerton, N yorks
thanks mate. its a tdi...what would a stage 3 be? the stage 2 is defo not same as standard.
my car standard on a RR was 173bhp and 259lb.ft torque...its rated by SEAT lower but they underestimate them. stage 2 will take me to 260bhp and 400lb.ft torque, thats (from SEAT's figures) 100bhp and 160lb.ft torque increase!
what else can you do apart from an exhaust, surely this will not class it as a stage 3.
the map will be done from a friend, who has a re-map comapany called Torque-It. custom map.
Newton Mearns/Giffnock area, in city centre for uni every day

think thats basically it matey, turbo-back exhaust, clutch, seat sport front mount, then the stage 2 hybrid and you can then get a stage 3 map. Pretty sure thats how it goes.

Plans sound class, will be a weapon when done!

Jan 28, 2009
Glasgow
have you got any pictures of your ic polished up?
did you see the thread i put up a while ago when i did my ic?
i hope you put plenty of wax on it to stop it from tarnishing.

ye i seen your thread, looks great...however i didnt polish it at all, cleaned it with a used brillo/lots of fairy liquid and then clear laquer when its dry, (not across fins tho) ill get pics soon.

Jan 28, 2009
Glasgow
think thats basically it matey, turbo-back exhaust, clutch, seat sport front mount, then the stage 2 hybrid and you can then get a stage 3 map. Pretty sure thats how it goes.

Plans sound class, will be a weapon when done!

stage 3 map is done when injectors, fuel pump and internals are changed. regardless a decent map taking everything into consideration will be lethal :)

Jan 28, 2009
Glasgow
i thought i would put some pics up of my blown standard turbo and the turbo outlet (going to intercooler) pipe...basically waht happened was the bolt that holds the compressor wheel in place snapped off (prob due to too much play) this dented the pipe and caused the blade to fail and break up. pics are not that great

20091020121625.jpg

20091020121708.jpg

20091104203338.jpg

20091104203321.jpg

pieces of the compressor blade in the pipework

20091020122429.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 28, 2009
Glasgow
my car apart...actually this was an early pic, the hoses are stil on at this point, ill take a pic now, looks naked :lol:

20091103195336.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 28, 2009
Glasgow
last night managed to sand down these grills, cleaned them and primered them. let them dry and harden properly overnight and then tonight i will paint them, then maybe leave them another 24 hours before i apply laquer...these are the grills that i did...will put some primered pics up later and some finished pcs up 2mrw. cant wait till the car is finished. aiming for this weekend!!

20091107172526.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 28, 2009
Glasgow
Looks like your doing some work on your car! Shame about your turbo going, but a good excuse to get something fun to put in its place... KO4 or hybrid maybe? Good luck.

cheers mate. ye been working on it really hard today and will be doing so in the next few days. going hybrid mate so same turbo with hybrid tratment, will be capable of 260bhp and 400lb.ft torque :rolleyes:

Jan 28, 2009
Glasgow
Looking good mate! Where did you get your 6000k HID's from as I'm after some and yours look spot on.

hey bud, i fit them as side jobs, along with sound systems,so i have someone who ships them accross for me from germany. let me know if you want a set...

Last edited:
Jan 28, 2009
Glasgow
got my turbo through today...looks mint :) managed to get it in, took ages, had to replace the oil feed pipe as i snapped the old one to get the old turbo out. cleaned up the rest of my hoses and pipework.
sad news...forge said that they would not replicate my hoses for me...if they were to do it then a minimum of 10 sets would need to be baught and as for price they will be expectin around £300-£400!!!!
pics comming...

Last edited:
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.