Aiming for the Masses - Uzi's 305BHP Mk4 Ibiza Cupra TDi (MODs & Pictures on 1st post

Jan 28, 2009
Glasgow
a quick (not the best) picture of the grills put onto bumper, now piano black...will put decent photos up when the car is out the garage,just for an idea of how its looking

20091116120411.jpg

you can see the original colour because i forgot to do the piece that comes off the bottom centre grill to the left...

Last edited:
Jan 28, 2009
Glasgow
today put all my suspension in, front and rear, put spacers on the rear which look amazing. HOWEVER, have a few problems...
1. my brake nipples...one snapped off and one came out, same with the other side, one snapped off and the other came out. tried drilling it out but looks like its gone worse so stuck at that, will try sort it 2mrw.
2. put the rear springs in and then shocker with new struts etc but the springs can move ,to the point where if jerked hard enough u can even pull them out!!! this is obv in the air, when it sis they cant move because of the load on them...so not sure if this is a problem yet

Jan 28, 2009
Glasgow
Quick update...fitted following so far over past few days
1. suspension all round
2. rear spacers
3. new rear pads and discs
4. pannel air filter
5. piano black grills, front/back
6. few new boost and intercooler hoses

other things i've modded:
removed flap in air intake and sealed it air tight
smoothed airbox
built up turbo and everything that was removed to fit it in back on now

only thing setting me back is my callipers![:@]:censored: annoying me so much, worked so hard and last thing screws me over!!

air121005

Sep 28, 2006
Worcestershire
today put all my suspension in, front and rear, put spacers on the rear which look amazing. HOWEVER, have a few problems...
1. my brake nipples...one snapped off and one came out, same with the other side, one snapped off and the other came out. tried drilling it out but looks like its gone worse so stuck at that, will try sort it 2mrw.
2. put the rear springs in and then shocker with new struts etc but the springs can move ,to the point where if jerked hard enough u can even pull them out!!! this is obv in the air, when it sis they cant move because of the load on them...so not sure if this is a problem yet

IIRC, isn't that an MOT failure? :shrug:

Nice car by the way! [B)]

Regarding the intercooler / turbo pipework......why didn't you buy a the aluminium bends and silicone joiners and do your own pipework?:shrug:
Forge will well you the 90% bend with the MAP sensor fitting in it for about £60 IIRC;)

Jan 28, 2009
Glasgow
yeh i see the toe,n,eye needs painted.....looks good tho. u coming to the next meet uzi??

ye will paint that bit when i have time, im not sure about the meet. its my mates bday party on her island over the weekend, 28th and 29th, not sure what time i'll get back. will confirm asap tho...if i come i might ask someone else to bring my 1.2 along too lol

Jan 28, 2009
Glasgow
IIRC, isn't that an MOT failure? :shrug:

Nice car by the way! [B)]

Regarding the intercooler / turbo pipework......why didn't you buy a the aluminium bends and silicone joiners and do your own pipework?:shrug:
Forge will well you the 90% bend with the MAP sensor fitting in it for about £60 IIRC;)

my mate is an MOT tester, its at his garage i've been doing all the work. its normal because the new springs are ever so slightly smaller iirc. its fine tho, not to worry there is no way they can move when on the deck. i even put it up on the ramp, but lifted it a little to see if there was any play, but none.

i have the aluminium bends standard, its the rest of the pipeworkthat is the problem. the metal ends on the pipework i can not make or take off and rejoin...if you get me.
what 90% band u talking about, the one form the inercooler intake?:blink:

Jan 28, 2009
Glasgow
ok guys...got good and bad news...

bad news first:
one caliper is oficially fudged! the caliper itself cracked along the outside of the brake nipple insert when i was trying to use an extruder tool :cry:
so now i need to buy a new caliper, but thinking to buy the set. anyone know where from (used preferably)

good news:
drained oil, put normal (not the best) oil in and started it, cranked over, started fine and smoked a little at the start but that was just old crap burning off. then put engine flush and let it run for a couple of hours. all the oil that was sitting in the exaust has come out, well almost all of it.
drained this oil out, put new filter and long life specific oil in. not taken it for a run yet as i have no brakes :ban:

air121005

Sep 28, 2006
Worcestershire
my mate is an MOT tester, its at his garage i've been doing all the work. its normal because the new springs are ever so slightly smaller iirc. its fine tho, not to worry there is no way they can move when on the deck. i even put it up on the ramp, but lifted it a little to see if there was any play, but none.

i have the aluminium bends standard, its the rest of the pipeworkthat is the problem. the metal ends on the pipework i can not make or take off and rejoin...if you get me.
what 90% band u talking about, the one form the inercooler intake?:blink:

just asked as IIRC , when the cars jacked up a loose spring is an MOT failure. think its so if changing a wheel at the roadside, your suspension doesn't fall apart :rolleyes:

the 90% bend I'm reffering to is located between the intercooler and the intake manifold, and is located under the headlight.

as for joining to the OEM hose joiners........you could cut the silicone hose, leaving enough hose attached to the joiner to jubilee clip onto an aluminium pipe :shrug:

Robm-FR

Would love to get my FR TDI running hybrid...

Hmm maybe next year!? :think:

air121005

Sep 28, 2006
Worcestershire
Has your car ever been jacked up during an MOT?

every car is for inspection.
when its on the ramp and they are inspecting the underside of the car, they jack up the front and then the back, to inspect various components.
assuming its things like arm bushes, brake discs, brake lines / hoses, CV gators, suspension springs etc etc

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise