Aiming for the Masses - Uzi's 305BHP Mk4 Ibiza Cupra TDi (MODs & Pictures on 1st post

Jan 28, 2009
Glasgow
just asked as IIRC , when the cars jacked up a loose spring is an MOT failure. think its so if changing a wheel at the roadside, your suspension doesn't fall apart :rolleyes:

the 90% bend I'm reffering to is located between the intercooler and the intake manifold, and is located under the headlight.

as for joining to the OEM hose joiners........you could cut the silicone hose, leaving enough hose attached to the joiner to jubilee clip onto an aluminium pipe :shrug:

i asked my mate this morning, and no its not a fail, only fail when it comes to a spring is if it is cracked or if the place it sits on is goosed. otherwise its not a problem.
also on an MOT ramp the car is not put in the air on stands, your car drives onto the ramp.

is there any point changing that plastic pipe for an aluminium one?
little confused about what you mean about cutting and joining the originals to silicone...:confused:

Jan 28, 2009
Glasgow
Has your car ever been jacked up during an MOT?

every car is for inspection.
when its on the ramp and they are inspecting the underside of the car, they jack up the front and then the back, to inspect various components.
assuming its things like arm bushes, brake discs, brake lines / hoses, CV gators, suspension springs etc etc

as said above every car is then jacked up from front then from rear

Jan 28, 2009
Glasgow
I'm 28, but I own/have owned/repaired a lot of cars. I believe you. I'm just saying its never happened to me. Anything they need to check under the car is always done while its on the ramps.

some garage's who perform MOT's do so on a ramp with arms, hence everything is already there, but what andy was referring to was when it is on an MOT ramp (every MOT tester must have one) because the whole ramp that the car drives onto goes up, undernethe is a jack which slides along the centre of the ramp which then jacks up front/rear

air121005

Sep 28, 2006
Worcestershire
is there any point changing that plastic pipe for an aluminium one?
little confused about what you mean about cutting and joining the originals to silicone...:confused:

SEATSportFMIC-1.jpg

Item 8 is the standard pipe that goes from the intercooler and under the headlight. this also has the housing for the MAP sensor in it.
in the diagram, at the end where the pipe is connected to the intercooler, it is moulded around the crash bar i think, which is unnecessary and causes a resrtiction. a straight pipe would increase air flow ;)
have a look on the Forge website at the Seat Sport FMIC fitting kit, there is a guide to fitting with pictures which will show you a straight pipe can be fitted and what parts you'll need ;)

re: cutting hoses....looking at part 11 which connects to the inlet manifold, at the right hand end this has a OEM 'male' coupling joiner, which connects into the 'female' joint in the manifold, if you cut the left end coupling off, you are left with the male coupling on the right that goes into the intake manifold attached to a 90% silicone hose, which you can then clamp an aluminium tube in with a jubilee clip.

point to note though, that these OEM silicone hoses with the metal coupling on, should you want to replace them and return to standard, are about £50 - £100 each :blink: from the stealers depending on which one it is!:ban:

andy, do you have a front mount with the hoses on?

i got a Forge FMIC setup with custom pipework

Jan 28, 2009
Glasgow
SEATSportFMIC-1.jpg

Item 8 is the standard pipe that goes from the intercooler and under the headlight. this also has the housing for the MAP sensor in it.
in the diagram, at the end where the pipe is connected to the intercooler, it is moulded around the crash bar i think, which is unnecessary and causes a resrtiction. a straight pipe would increase air flow ;)
have a look on the Forge website at the Seat Sport FMIC fitting kit, there is a guide to fitting with pictures which will show you a straight pipe can be fitted and what parts you'll need ;)

re: cutting hoses....looking at part 11 which connects to the inlet manifold, at the right hand end this has a OEM 'male' coupling joiner, which connects into the 'female' joint in the manifold, if you cut the left end coupling off, you are left with the male coupling on the right that goes into the intake manifold attached to a 90% silicone hose, which you can then clamp an aluminium tube in with a jubilee clip.

point to note though, that these OEM silicone hoses with the metal coupling on, should you want to replace them and return to standard, are about £50 - £100 each :blink: from the stealers depending on which one it is!:ban:

i got a Forge FMIC setup with custom pipework

AHHHH i see, thanks for that bud, will look into it in more detail and see whct i can do

Jan 28, 2009
Glasgow
might get myself a set of R32 rear brake set up (calipers, carriers, discs and pads) all for £150 genuine and brand new :D
looking into getting water methanol injection kit...any ideas?

gulzar

LCR jabba'd
Oct 1, 2007
cannot wait till this wee motor is finished. going to be a hybrid powered, smooth riding beast. keep up the good work ma boy. !!

gulo ;-)

air121005

Sep 28, 2006
Worcestershire
When i upgraded the OEM setup for the 312mm TT setup, i asked the question about putting bigger brakes on the bake and was told there isn't much point :shrug:

what size discs are used in the R32 rear setup?

vroomtshh

Sep 11, 2005
Dreghorn, Scotland
When i upgraded the OEM setup for the 312mm TT setup, i asked the question about putting bigger brakes on the bake and was told there isn't much point :shrug:

Theres not a huge point to upgrading the rears from a performance point. But I always feel the rear discs on the cupra look pretty stupid as they are tiny. And one of my calipers needs a rebuild anyway so it would be a good excuse lol

Jan 28, 2009
Glasgow

the r32 has a massive 310mm on the rear lol. if you upgrade the rears it means breaking is sharper, but less jerky. normally due to having such strong front set ups the nose dives down, having the rears done would eliminate the heavy weight shift to front wheels, i.e. no nose diving :)
its definately worth it if you can get them at a good price, i think its fair to say £150 for the complete set up, inc pads and discs, is not bad, ill fit them myself too...

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise