DPJ's Silver Leon Cupra GT - no more.

csd_19

May 11, 2005
Angus / Edinburgh
I'm sure that between the lot of us on here we've got enough bits to build an LC ;)

Fer instance, I'm sure I've got a stock manifold and smic in the garage somewhere....

Husbandofstinky

Out from the Wilderness
Nov 8, 2007
Temperate Regions
Not quite the analogy I wanted, but when Michelangelo painted the Sistine chapel I'm sure he didn't think of a coat of Dulux once at a later date.

Its a sad day after all that money and above all time spent on her. I don't know if I could.

Reasons for dismantling - purely financial?

Almost reminds me of the time when they decommissioned the Ark Royal back in the late 70's/early 80's.

Feel

Veedubya 'velle
Jun 12, 2003
Midlands
The full engine's got to be pretty desireable, surely. Easy enough to get a bog standard full motor and straight swap?

Jun 1, 2007
ive got these if needed

Std Sidemount Intercooler
ko3
exhaust manifold
Oil feed + line return
Cooolant feed line
Secondary Air pump
N112 (etc) pipework

Feel

Veedubya 'velle
Jun 12, 2003
Midlands
Hmm. I was thinking that yours is a well proven and cracking setup and would easily sell (or fit in the beeza :whistle: ). Plus it might be less hassle than having to resetup the car with a stock tubby i.e. less teething issues.

But I guess selling the kit separately would be more likely to sell.

Cupra Kid

Has a TDI!!
Oct 13, 2005
Chesterfield, Derbyshire
Its a shame when it comes to breaking up something you've worked hard on and poured time/money/emotion into. Maybe just put back to stock the parts that have the most second hand value, turbo etc, and leave things like the body work alone.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.