DPJ's Silver Leon Cupra GT - no more.

DPJ

Dec 13, 2004
NN Yorks / Salento
www.seatcupra.net
:cry: Dave, how could you :cry:
End of an era, first the economy and now this. Worlds gone mad, thats what it is.

We`ll have to settle with the legend, future generations will hear of the tails of Daves huge spoiler, but few will believe.

Rip Daves spoiler:(

It's worse than that..........

Taking the spoiler off was 'symbolic' - (to me) I suppose. I am going to break the car.

It's been huge fun for me - and there's loads that I'd still like to do, the trouble is, I just can't justify spending a shedload more money on a car I hardly use. I sorted the suspension out at the start of the year with the intention of getting more into trackdays, but we're into July and I haven't been able to do a single one. This is all down to time constraints at weekends - a situation I can't see changing for quite some time. This year, I've only actually used it for one rolling road day and the trip to Crail the week before last. Oh- apart from that I used it to run around for a week while the Bammer was off the road. So, working back, I can't justify it sitting there doing nothing either. :(

I'm doing it with a very heavy heart, believe me.

DPJ

Dec 13, 2004
NN Yorks / Salento
www.seatcupra.net
Rob, I'll PM you. :)

*******Please can I ask people not to use this thread to enquire about parts*********
Without wishing to prejudice potential sales, as an SCN moderator I will have to delete posts.
*******************************thank you************************************

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
i dont get why peeps, mod the cars, then break them

seems madness to me

:shrug:

keep it dave for when you do have more time.. costs nowt to store it

Aug 24, 2007
a sad day, Dave :(

Think a few more bits may live on though on my car, be rude to break a tradition ;)

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Yep agreed with Rob and Bill.

If you mod a car to that extent then it shows me two things

1) you love the car.
2) you love the car and you shouldnt part with it.

turbo009

Red Lightning
Jun 15, 2008
Grimsby North East Lincs
I think you just need to get back out there,and drive it again! maybe change your mind,with a good thrash..

Your choice tho,but sad days for you. Does look strange without that spoiler,after getting used to it on.

What's next on the cards then?

jamiebennett81

Re: DPJ's Silver Leon Cupra GT -The End.

Yep, just been there and got that t-shirt recenty :(

Still mine was for financial reasons and it seems your not in that same boat i was. Does not matter how often you use it Dave, keep it and roll it out for the sunny days :)

orson carts

Jul 22, 2008
A sad day indeed mate! I'm in a similar position myself, I've had my car for 9 years now, swore I'd never sell it the day I bought it (it's a mk1 Golf with a 20v in it). Things change, I've changed and I'm looking for something to replace it...

Good luck! :D

Feel

Veedubya 'velle
Jun 12, 2003
Midlands
P1050501.jpg

Finally! Hoooray.

I am going to break the car.

WTF? Booo!

I'll warn you now - you will never again have a car that you love so much.

Cupra R

Dec 5, 2001
UK.
Visit site
Keep it Dave, it wouldn't be the same seeing you and you not being in this mofo. I was thinking all the way back from Crail how good it looked, really had a very nice presence on the road.

F2 Stu

I. Am. Legend.
Oct 4, 2001
Crawley, UK
Visit site
I'll be doing the same thing with my cordoba end of the year albeit my motives are entirely different. Only way you'll get sensible money back on a car you've modded is to break it up for bits even tho that's quite sad.

Brummy

Nazi Moderator-Bot
Mar 6, 2005
Moved to the DarkSide
Dave.. it was the line up of Mk2's on sunday wasnt it? I could see how overwhelmed you were...
;)

Tis a sad day though, that Leon is one of the ones I use as a reference point to sate my desire for one.. Ill get one eventually, (theres a red one near where i live .. low, but has lexus lights and scraped up rims .. love the colour, but id have to change stuff and thats where Id use your car as a reference point once again )

beezertart

**MAYHEM**
Sep 11, 2007
beyond the sun
it is very sad but the upside is you won't get pangs of longing if you should see him with a new owner....i was ready to torch the my old golf when i found out she'd got a new owner but as luck would have it she died in spectacular fashion and was scrapped :)

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise